Alernatives !

J0KER

Hey Bruv's !

So sometimes I need to either clean my bike and make it nice and shiny or lube the chain ! Most of the time I don't have the right bike spesific soep or whatever and sometimes I don't have Chain lube ! Which other household Items can I use as substitutes for cleaning and lube-ing ? What do You use ?

Water for both!

Cleans and lubricates well, one drawback is that it can be somewhat of a challenge to carry enough with your for lube purposes, but if you have one of those camelback thingys or live where it rains all the time then no problem.

Actualy I think (wonder) green sunlight dishsoap would work as a lube, just think you just could add water at the end of the ride and clean your chain!

Hey Bruv's !

So sometimes I need to either clean my bike and make it nice and shiny or lube the chain ! Most of the time I don't have the right bike spesific soep or whatever and sometimes I don't have Chain lube ! Which other household Items can I use as substitutes for cleaning and lube-ing ? What do You use ?

I'd go with chicken noodle in a pinch.

I don't have Chain lube ! ... and lube-ing ? What do You use ?

Engine oil or a mixture of general purpose household oil (sewing machine oil) and chainsaw oil. I would say it works better than most commercial lubes, but that would start a religious war.

For cleaning, I just use car shampoo. Prepsol and Clean Green if I'm cleaning the drive train.

Edited by Minion

I dilute 30% water with 70% engine cleaner. There's nothing on the market that can clean a bike so well. Been doing it for years and no problems. Chain comes out sparkling clean. I've heard if its a absolute must and u have forgotten to get lube and u racing the next day, spray and cook works well.

As mentioned before, handy andy works like a bomb, or, pop into your local hardware store and get Prepsol, works really well too. ( Tip, take an old paintbrush and cut the hair down a bit to really clean the chain rings, cassette etc.)

As mentioned before, handy andy works like a bomb, or, pop into your local hardware store and get Prepsol, works really well too. ( Tip, take an old paintbrush and cut the hair down a bit to really clean the chain rings, cassette etc.)

+ 1 on Prepsol ! works like a charm R19.95 a 750ml

Petrol. Always handy, just siphon some from your car.

With the current fuel price, I'd rather save every drop where I can :whistling:

+ 1 on Prepsol ! works like a charm R19.95 a 750ml

With the current fuel price, I'd rather save every drop where I can :whistling:

It's cheaper than prepsol...

I dilute 30% water with 70% engine cleaner. There's nothing on the market that can clean a bike so well. Been doing it for years and no problems. Chain comes out sparkling clean. I've heard if its a absolute must and u have forgotten to get lube and u racing the next day, spray and cook works well.

pls name the engine cleaner you use.........some e-cleaners are plain shyte.....................