Robbie Hunter disqualified from Giro?

Chro Mo

Iv just got one thing, Robbie is an international cyclist and yes the best in south Africa and he proved it by winning the championship!

Here u come and insult him, when your not even on the same level as that man, siting behind your pc judging him when u don't even know what went through his mind and body!

Its kinda disappointing to see the level of intelligence coming from this because IF YOU can say that u did the Giro and won the SA's and u didn't ever touch a team car, then i will understand if you judge!

Don't think that what im saying is that Robbie was right doing it if it rules, but surely u cant judge the guy! Pick some one your own size they would say...

How exactly did I insult Robbie?

Was it by pointing out that he got caught cheating?

Was it by saying I was disappointed in him?

Help me out, a little, I don't understand why you need to attack me on this.

I bet I can go further, without insulting any body. How about this:

First, Hunter cheats - I won't be so rude as to call him Robbie, I don't know him personally. When you next chat to him, maybe you can arrange an introdution?

Then, he tells the whole world it is all nonsense, and we must all beleive him that they got it wrong, in spite of the fact, FACTS, that make it quite clear he was nailed fair and square. Even his own DS seems to accept he was DQed - whether it was fairly, or not, is secondary. The FACT remains he was DQed.

First I must respect a man representing my country, who is caught cheating at an international event, and then I must respect him for lying about it, just because he has won more SA titles than I have?

Really?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodness me some of you guys are harsh.

When I read the bit that said Robbie Hunter "would not physically have been able to finish the stage anyway" my first thought was that he wasn't cheating, he was just surviving on the road.

He wasn't going to win the stage that day, or win the Giro overall, he wasn't caught doping. He was just trying to do his job despite being injured and misjudged the severity of his situation.

Hope he recovers soon and gets back to the front of the pack where he belongs.

B.

I don't think there is a cyclist in the world who hasn't been tempted to take a hitch on a hill, it's no big deal that a sprinter uses a team car to get over a mountain. Sprinters have done it for years, it's part of the sport.

Maybe Robbie Hunter is wrong to deny it, that's a bigger deal. But so what? Get off your high horses guys, it's pathetic that you think any of us care that you call him Hunter rather than Robbie? He's made it as a pro cyclist because he is uncompromising, not because he's a nice guy.

Last year Mr Clean accused Cav of cheating when the rumours were flying about him holding on, let's see what he says about Robbie this time round.

Guys - He was not dq'd... read his twitter account. He abandoned at the feed during stage 19... unknot your panties and go for a ride!

Guys - He was not dq'd... read his twitter account. He abandoned at the feed during stage 19... unknot your panties and go for a ride!

And because he says it is so, we must just beleive.

I suspect that the reputable cycling news sites that have reported on this would have either roemoved the story, or made a retraction, or both if there was a shred of truth to his claims.

He was bust, he just makes it worse by arrogantly saying the rest of the world got it wrong.

This is not about his abilities, his position in SA or world cycling - just about telling the truth

And because he says it is so, we must just beleive.

I suspect that the reputable cycling news sites that have reported on this would have either roemoved the story, or made a retraction, or both if there was a shred of truth to his claims.

He was bust, he just makes it worse by arrogantly saying the rest of the world got it wrong.

This is not about his abilities, his position in SA or world cycling - just about telling the truth

So you believe everything you read on the net?

So you believe everything you read on the net?

.......... and you believe Twatter?

Edited by eccentric1

.......... and you believe Twatter?

I'd much rather believe Robbie, than an internet report...

The OP asks Robbie to say that the reports aren't true... he then states via twitter it's a bunch of nonsense... then you ouens go and make up a story he is then lying via twitter... FFS you can never win on the hub can you...

Edited by MariusL

I'd much rather believe Robbie, than an internet report...

Multiple internet reports vs one internet report - I will go with the multiples.

Multiple internet reports vs one internet report - I will go with the multiples.

Not suprised... really. Have a Bells while you at it.

oi, last and final warning to EVERYONE, if you cannot keep the personal insults out of this thread, it will be closed!

We al make mistakes, I'm sure it was not intentional

I don't think intentional cheating should be classed as a mistake. That is something no pro rider should do as they get paid to know and follow the rules. He should get suspended or have disciplinary action taken against him by his employers.

I don't think intentional cheating should be classed as a mistake. That is something no pro rider should do as they get paid to know and follow the rules. He should get suspended or have disciplinary action taken against him by his employers.

Agreed

Most people here seem to be missing the point - for 100s of years sprinters have hung onto cars, mavic neutral bikes, been pushed by spectators, received 20 second long bottle and generaly cheated their way over the mountains.

This was largely ignored by the organisers creating a half pregant situation - like football where it's legal to push and shove. A little. Medium pushing and shoviung will be randomly accepted and Heavy pushing and shoving randomly penalised.

If the organisers lectured the riders before the start and said we WILL DQ cheating them by all means give Robbie hell. Given the endless long bottles, chasing back through the cars, sitting behind media bikes and other shenanigans that I've witnessed in this years Giro the organisers have decided to accepted cheating so DQing Robbie I would put in the "double standards" box.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Giro jury disqualifies sprinters for holding onto team cars

• Saturday, 26 May 2012
  • Gregor Brown in Passo dello Stelvio
  • 0 Comments

http://cyclingweekly.media.ipcdigital.co.uk/11141%7C000001b9d%7C292e_orh270w270_giro-2009-news1.jpg

Giro d'Italia news

The Giro d'Italia race jury pulled Robert Hunter (Garmin-Barracuda), Andrea Guardini (Farnese Vini), Dominique Rollin (FDJ-BigMat) and Iban Velasco (Euskaltel-Euskadi) from the race today for holding on to team cars.

The incident happened after the Passo del Tonale at kilometre 32. A jury communiqué called it a "fatto grave" or "serious fault."

Enrico Gasparotto (Astana) was fined 50 Swiss Francs (or 33£) for drafting and penalised 20 seconds in the classification.rett

Most people here seem to be missing the point - for 100s of years sprinters have hung onto cars, mavic neutral bikes, been pushed by spectators, received 20 second long bottle and generaly cheated their way over the mountains.

This was largely ignored by the organisers creating a half pregant situation - like football where it's legal to push and shove. A little. Medium pushing and shoviung will be randomly accepted and Heavy pushing and shoving randomly penalised.

If the organisers lectured the riders before the start and said we WILL DQ cheating them by all means give Robbie hell. Given the endless long bottles, chasing back through the cars, sitting behind media bikes and other shenanigans that I've witnessed in this years Giro the organisers have decided to accepted cheating so DQing Robbie I would put in the "double standards" box.

Agreed.