Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought this to try stay out of this crazy Cape Town wind

So we will see you on the bike on the 26th in Paarl

This is not the best looking bike (2012 Mongoose Salvo Elite 26''), but WOW, it feels like the best bike when doing technical rides.

I upgraded the seat to a FIZIK Tundra 2, the front shock to a Rockshox XC32, both tires to Maxxis and have tubeless conversion done.

post-48060-0-01999400-1387792144_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heinrich55

bought these shifters from Flowta a while back, pulled the guts from the LH shifter seeing as though I rock 1x10 on 32c's :)

post-89-0-20874100-1387792006_thumb.jpg

Edited by rock

I had to pay pay R776 ,00 on a R4800,00 parcel on Thursday as well......

If that includes the UPS handling fee, then it's about right.

Well I got my parcel on Thursday (so 6days after the order) but I was shocked with the alloy of duties and handeling fee I had to pay to UPS. Was like R750 on a parcel costing less than R4000.

Apparently they take the invoice amount add 10% to that (for fluctuations apparently) then add the 14% and then their R105 handeling (which I know usually is only around R30). I think we are getting .........

Yup DHL and UPS are both around the R100 region for clearing fees. Only SAPO/EMS is R30

As for the 10% added to the value... also not uncommon. You'll see in the CRC shipping cost threads, some guys suggest calculating VAT with 15.4% (this to reflect this 10% value addition). So yeah, yours also seems about right.

Edited by patches

So we will see you on the bike on the 26th in Paarl

Ha. No raptor, too unfit for that. Work in progress

Expecting her soon

http://i40.tinypic.com/2h6sevt.jpg

Have you got your Fuji yet? Love my Fuji bikes. Here's my road Fuji. Beats any other brand I have ridden. Personal choice I guess

post-7550-0-85347900-1387813908_thumb.jpg

After my last epic fail (for me not for my OH) with buying a new bike without actually checking sizing, here's my new baby that's just come home, just in time for Christmas.

Just need to swap out the saddle then I'm a for away :)

Have decided to Christian her Gnasher.

Once again the guys at Summit Cycles have been exceptionally helpful with advice and lots of patience, and doing the homework for me regarding sizing etc.

Thanks to the Sherrif and Ivo!

post-44041-0-80583700-1387817418_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Have you got your Fuji yet? Love my Fuji bikes. Here's my road Fuji. Beats any other brand I have ridden. Personal choice I guess

DAMN!

Nice looking bike. How you finding the Concept wheels? Edited by LOOK695

Nice looking bike. How you finding the Concept wheels?

You still looking for wheels?? Been some time now

You still looking for wheels?? Been some time now

Yep, still deciding and saving up. Have ordered some hubs from the States though. Should have them early in the new year.