Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided i need some inspiration to get back on the bike so decided to try one of these on the 1x10, currently have a 34T NW but found my legs to weak for the big(ish) climbs and I am seriously unfit.

post-18786-0-97562000-1459237831_thumb.jpg

Just bought a hydration pack, Osprey Viper 5, got an excellent deal at Due South, only R549 on sale :clap:

Osprey Hydration packs are the bomb ! 

Decided i need some inspiration to get back on the bike so decided to try one of these on the 1x10, currently have a 34T NW but found my legs to weak for the big(ish) climbs and I am seriously unfit.

Also using the 32T One. absolutely love it.

Also using the 32T One. absolutely love it.

I was wondering if it would have any positive effect on my SS, might give the tensioner a workout but that's what's it's there for anyway.

Changed the stem and bar combo on my singlespeed today.Was running a 70mm stem with 680mm flat bar,moved to a 50mm stem and 680mm rizer bar,not sure about the rize or sweep.c172067bc0cd001340f0ed9b87910ccb.jpg4c9dc40fafbe7e632eeb037904d8e68a.jpg

To dad from dad:

RCC Seismic Reverse carbon bar (790mm), 5-10s and Saints

Dad shore spoiled dad there.[emoji4] Edited by BenReaper

To dad from dad:

Something tells me baby getting no formulae or nappies this month...hahahah

Dad shore spoiled dad there.[emoji4]

Ja boet, turning forty later this year. Midlife crises. Could have been worse. One of my mates spent more money figuring out he didn't really want that pilot's license - about 4 lessons!

To dad from dad:

I have been really disappointed with my latest 5Tens - like your model, just the ladies ones (blue). After the 1st ride the stitching and sole around the toe area pulled loose (it was a short 16km coffee ride on the Spruit) and then I went riding with them again yesterday and my feet kept on dying/getting like pins and needles...and no they aren't too small, I think the soles are too thin.

I have had a previous pair of 5Tens for over 2.5 years now and NO such issues and they are still in good condition too....but I have now heard from others too that the quality of 5Tens has gone down BIG time :(

Too big a hassle to send them back etc - and I don't have the time for that admin at this moment.

Finally took the plunge and bought an Assos Bib, Neo Pro but still that price.  Must say I tried on a heap of bibs in the change rooms before and that Assos really is so comfortable. Will see how it does on the bike this weekend.

I have been really disappointed with my latest 5Tens - like your model, just the ladies ones (blue). After the 1st ride the stitching and sole around the toe area pulled loose (it was a short 16km coffee ride on the Spruit) and then I went riding with them again yesterday and my feet kept on dying/getting like pins and needles...and no they aren't too small, I think the soles are too thin.

I have had a previous pair of 5Tens for over 2.5 years now and NO such issues and they are still in good condition too....but I have now heard from others too that the quality of 5Tens has gone down BIG time :(

Too big a hassle to send them back etc - and I don't have the time for that admin at this moment.

Oh no! So far so good here. Got some 30kms (2 Gspot/Coetzenburg commutes to work and back) on them and all looks ok. Will keep an eye on them (as well as the proof of purchase!). My first set, so nothing to compare them to, except my 7 year old sidi-s that just lasts and lasts.

Damn, I have the same pair and yet to use them. CRC replaced mine with these after the sole came off the freeriders that I have.

Finally took the plunge and bought an Assos Bib, Neo Pro but still that price.  Must say I tried on a heap of bibs in the change rooms before and that Assos really is so comfortable. Will see how it does on the bike this weekend.

It's like falling through silk

Be prepared.