Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

But as far as I understand, the newer Shimano's 96 bcd isn't the same as the older ones. The new ones I think is the 7000 etc series if I'm not mistaken? Please correct me if I'm wrong because then I will be able to get a 32T.

And by the way, I did the conversion myself with this my second bike, also added a 40t and 16t if correct on my cassette and only adjusted the b screw and I haven't even once had my chain slipping or falling off. With no chain guard.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The 104, 96 and 64 bcd/pcd/mm is the measurement of the distance between the holes, 96 is 96.

That 7000 I'm pretty sure just refers to SLX, Shimano uses 7x for SLX, 8x for XT and 9x for XTR.

So if you have a 96, I don't see How's yours would differ from mine, I do see on the list of bcs sizez, a 94mm, which could then possibly be what you have, but if you certain it's a 96 then there is no reason csixx or lynne won't work.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/pages/how-to-measure-bolt-circle-diameter-bcd

Scroll down a bit they show you how to measure to confirm.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

MTB Vids: ltstyt.be/@remelehane

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 104, 96 and 64 bcd/pcd/mm is the measurement of the distance between the holes, 96 is 96.

That 7000 I'm pretty sure just refers to SLX, Shimano uses 7x for SLX, 8x for XT and 9x for XTR.

So if you have a 96, I don't see How's yours would differ from mine, I do see on the list of bcs sizez, a 94mm, which could then possibly be what you have, but if you certain it's a 96 then there is no reason csixx or lynne won't work.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/pages/how-to-measure-bolt-circle-diameter-bcd

Scroll down a bit they show you how to measure to confirm.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

Thank you, I'll definitely be measuring again. [emoji6]

Been tossing back on forth on that 1x, was going to wait till I got a 12spd cluster, but what the hell. I figure worst case I become a stronger climber... Eventually.

Do I buy the chain gaurd like nowish or wait to see if the chains gonna keef falling first.

Probably could take a link or 2 out as well... 2d66023c8ebd207173fa329565d4b1e3.jpg

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

If you used a proper nw chain ring it shouldn't come off.

Generators just got so flippen expensive so quick hey. [emoji24][emoji44][emoji848]

And noisy. Large UPS better solution in my books

And noisy. Large UPS better solution in my books

Those batteries need time to recharge. Works great with 2 hours of loadshedding per day, not so lekker when we go into stage 4/5/6.

My brother in law spent thousands on UPS solutions for his servers (he does online back/web hosting/other tech services) - his servers cannot go down otherwise a thousand of his client's websites also go down. The UPS solution didn't work during stage 4 as the batteries did not have time to recharge between the "offs". He slept at the office last week to start up diesel genies every morning at 3AM.

Going full solar now - moerse expensive, but the only real long term sustainable solution.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Those batteries need time to recharge. Works great with 2 hours of loadshedding per day, not so lekker when we go into stage 4/5/6.

My brother in law spent thousands on UPS solutions for his servers (he does online back/web hosting/other tech services) - his servers cannot go down otherwise a thousand of his client's websites also go down. The UPS solution didn't work during stage 4 as the batteries did not have time to recharge between the "offs". He slept at the office last week to start up diesel genies every morning at 3AM.

Going full solar now - moerse expensive, but the only real long term sustainable solution.

JIP, UPS was never designed for 3x 2,5h power outages per day, ie Stage 4 as we had all of last week ....

Going to be a hectic week trying to catch up on lost time .... not as if our project dates are going to move due to load shedding .....  And yet the prediction is for Stage 1 on Monday, which means we are dead in the water from 6 to 8:30 .... thus only properly up and running by 9:0, by which time I am already on the road for project meetings.

I had a small genny for home ... toooo damn loud !!  Got rid of it, and did a basic PV installation.  We have not used Eskom lights in 4 years, and I can watch tv if I really want to, though we mostly listen to the 12V radio.  Gas stove and solar geyser means we are even less reliant on eskom.

Edited by ChrisF

I guess suitable shoes are next.

0c18029ef83c29164984f71e17304b01.jpg

Used all kinds of tekkies ....

WOW !!

Proper 2FO's WORK !!!!

Do most folks turn these pins in a bit, out a bit or leave them as is at first?

There is very little room to turn them out, I think like 2 turns and they out. Fully turned in I already lost a pin.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)

I used LockTight when I fitted mine

Did that when I got my vaults, I was smarter then, although I think it may have been u who suggested it to me.

The holes are very short, not sure if it screwed or got ripped out with a rock strike, not sure LockTight would help with that, but rather use it than not.

Scott Spark 930 (2018)