Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

lovely prezzie from my wife for my birthday on saturday - RC901.

They are quite a step up in comfort from my old R171's.

attachicon.gif20190414_174457.jpg

Nice one :thumbup:

Strangely enough, my Mrs hasn't got me anything cycling related since we've been together, although she did get me quite a lekker pair of compression socks for my birthday this year.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love mine. I also got the newer model. As you say, the range is great, gives you that added level of awareness especially when descending at speed with wind noise in your ears. It does chew through the battery of my Edge 520 though. Always need to make sure it’s fully topped up before heading out on longer rides.

This is one thing I don't like. I have the first varia and you can only see battery level when switching it on. It would be nice if I could see the level on my edge display somewhere.

Took the plunge:  Scott Genius 750 plus

Very nice! where did you buy?

plus size tyres are pretty nice, they grip well and don't really feel heavier, they just look soooo heavy. Just remember to run lower pressures, I think someone mentioned between 17-21 psi (mine sits at 20 rear, 18-20 front), they are very sensitive to pressure changes.

Very nice! where did you buy?

plus size tyres are pretty nice, they grip well and don't really feel heavier, they just look soooo heavy. Just remember to run lower pressures, I think someone mentioned between 17-21 psi (mine sits at 20 rear, 18-20 front), they are very sensitive to pressure changes.

Thanks Andreas

Bought it from our friends in Malmesbury...last 2018 model (the budget would not allow for 2019!).  

I've not had a chance to take it out properly yet - just did a quick G-spot run on Friday after work before the weekend's rain set in... Did feel as though I struggled a little bit more uphill, but must also still get used to the gear ratios - and a soft tail!  Will just need to get a bit stronger...

Downhill - well the little taste I had, was simply LOVELY!  Awesome grip and handling...

A small purchase with a big punch

Bought a Ryder Concept 500 from Revolution Cycles end of last week ... this after 3 near death experiences over the last month with cars nearly t-boning be or driving into me from the front ... seems like 2 x smaller LED lights were just not enough to get their attention.

Fitted this little gem and cars / pedestrians definitely see me now, and I feel safe on the bike again!

The service from Revolution was excellent. Asked the salesman (Greg) to keep one under the counter for me to collect over lunchtime, when I arrived he had the the light under the counter and charging already as he knew I would be using the light the same evening when cycling home!

https://www.rydercycling.co.za/ryder-products/lights/500-lumen-front-detail

image_1_21629-02.jpg

Nice one :thumbup:

Strangely enough, my Mrs hasn't got me anything cycling related since we've been together, although she did get me quite a lekker pair of compression socks for my birthday this year.

guess i'm one of the lucky ones...

last year she got the garmin vivoactive 3, this year the shoes with 2 pairs of Versus socks...

I should put in my order for a new bike now :w00t: :w00t: so she has the entire year to save. lol.

This is one thing I don't like. I have the first varia and you can only see battery level when switching it on. It would be nice if I could see the level on my edge display somewhere.

On my Edge 520 if you enter sensors and navigate to the radar, you can check on the battery that way. It doesn’t show a percent but rather “Good” “OK” etc

guess i'm one of the lucky ones...

last year she got the garmin vivoactive 3, this year the shoes with 2 pairs of Versus socks...

I should put in my order for a new bike now :w00t: :w00t: so she has the entire year to save. lol.

Eish, your wife spoils you. I had to pay for my Garmin watch, although my Mrs has asked me if I would like another pair or two of Versus. She recently started one moers of a cross stitch which she's hoping to finish before my 40th next year.

Eish, your wife spoils you. I had to pay for my Garmin watch, although my Mrs has asked me if I would like another pair or two of Versus. She recently started one moers of a cross stitch which she's hoping to finish before my 40th next year.

Apart from the lucky few, socks are about the most the rest of us can hope for.  That, patience, tolerance and weekends away to places they would rather not be.

Apart from the lucky few, socks are about the most the rest of us can hope for.  That, patience, tolerance and weekends away to places they would rather not be.

Funny you mention weekends away, I haven't taken my wife away for a weekend since our daughter was born. the Drakensberg in winter, this year sounds tempting.

Whats a cross stitch?

On my Edge 520 if you enter sensors and navigate to the radar, you can check on the battery that way. It doesn’t show a percent but rather “Good” “OK” etc

Ah cool. I will go check. Thanks. I guess it has to have it because my 520 tells me when my phone battery is low...........