Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Sad face.

have a pair of ZTR crests on my Pyga.

discovered stickers on rim smudged... moving, know how it happened.

I tie 2 bikes together using 2 straps with a pool noodle between, the straps must have gripped the sticker and damaged it.

Prefer the logo's on the Easton Havens, it's a printing on the rim itself.

Be careful guys.

G

BOOO HOOO!!!

It's a MOUNTAIN bicycle, not a porcelain doll :P

hahahaha!

I was all pedantic about my DH bike. I took it to France and crashed on my 1st run :blush: ...

it left some chips and scratches on the frame. I was miffed at first, but now I see it and it brings back memories of that adventure.

Likewise it's paintwork got hammered (from shuttling) on my last trip to cascades PMB. Again, was slightly miffed at first, but now I look at it and remember an awesome weekend. I also remember that these bikes are made to be ridden, and ridden hard.

...so go out! Ride hard! Make new marks! ;)

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fitted the dropper yesterday.

Now Ryanpmb said is was second hand and used lightly .... the flipping thing looks like it came straight off the shelf at the LBS in the locked glass cabinet where they only let staff members go into and they only if they are wearing white gloves.

The only issue I have is that I must get a longer stem as RS only do inline posts (My other post had a little set back) and I feel a little cramped now with the 50mm stem. A 60mm or mmaaayyybbee a 70mm would get me feeling right again. Now having a 1 1/5th steerer means that stems are pricey and not exactly "off the shelf" so getting a feel for a stem before bying by fitting it and doing a parking lot test is near impossible.

On the whole though, thanks Ryan for going out of your way with this post, it is really appreciated and the post works like a dream.

Glad you happy with it. Pics?...

patches,

you know how it goes, that first scratch always hurts, after that you see it as growth marks, love marks, experience.

can only say anyone looking at getting a trail bike will be doing them self an injustice not to look at the Pyga. Love the bike.

G

BOOO HOOO!!!

It's a MOUNTAIN bicycle, not a porcelain doll :P

hahahaha!

I was all pedantic about my DH bike. I took it to France and crashed on my 1st run :blush: ...

it left some chips and scratches on the frame. I was miffed at first, but now I see it and it brings back memories of that adventure.

Likewise it's paintwork got hammered (from shuttling) on my last trip to cascades PMB. Again, was slightly miffed at first, but now I look at it and remember an awesome weekend. I also remember that these bikes are made to be ridden, and ridden hard.

...so go out! Ride hard! Make new marks! ;)

So you're the lucky bugger!

Lance showed them to me as he was building them up. Sweet rims, dude.

Thanks man :) ... now if only I didn't have to work this week.

Glad you happy with it. Pics?...

a few quick snap shots. The black frame protection is there for now as a temporary measure until I get all my cable lines exactly the way I want them and also would give me a clearer picture of where the proper frame protection would have to go.

I have routed the hose to the left of the saddle as when the post drops all the way it has the best position for the hose due to the loop created.

post-5403-0-81807600-1373877061_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-87840800-1373877066_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-97942500-1373877072_thumb.jpg

hands down the most responsive wheels i have ever ridden ( and i have ridden alot of wheels )!! my new Citec's .

Whats wrong with your bike dude...

Your fork looks broken in half. :whistling:

Nice wheels iron....Tell me more about them,

(thinking of upgrading my wheels on the spez.)

Whats wrong with your bike dude...

Your fork looks broken in half. :whistling:

Nice wheels iron....Tell me more about them,

(thinking of upgrading my wheels on the spez.)

I could not afford the full fork , so they only gave me half ....................

Citec is a small German wheel company that has to be the most passionate wheels builders around , old school German phalociphy . great wheels , all hand build with a 5 year no spoke break guarantee , not many companies boast that .although not new to the world of wheels , they are new to SA.

Edited by Iron

No pics, but I finally graduated to baggies again in the form of a pair of Endura Hummvees, best purchase in a while I'd say.

Also picked up ESI Chunky Reds and a bottle of Rock n Roll Blue. All from me to me. All items bought at the Cycle Hub. Was worth the drive from Centurion. Awesome shop. Next time my bike will go with

I could not afford the full fork , so they only gave me half ....................

Citec is a small German wheel company that has to be the most passionate wheels builders around , old school German phalociphy . great wheels , all hand build with a 5 year no spoke break guarantee , not many companies boast that .although not new to the world of wheels , they are new to SA.

WTF is a phalociphy?

Is that like a philosophy?

Sad face.

have a pair of ZTR crests on my Pyga.

discovered stickers on rim smudged... moving, know how it happened.

I tie 2 bikes together using 2 straps with a pool noodle between, the straps must have gripped the sticker and damaged it.

Prefer the logo's on the Easton Havens, it's a printing on the rim itself.

Be careful guys.

G

I have experienced the same on the ZTR's........ those stickers fade UGLY.......... even just from normal washing........ on the WTB i23's look as good as new.........