Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Guest Omega Man

I would but Patch has recommended I stay on the spruit rather with my awesome skills ;)

Fair enough.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My new SS

Pretty much full spec Ritchey bike, with the exception of:

Rotor crank, Hope Stealth Race Evo X2 brakes, eggbeater pedals and XTR rotor blades

That is a very pimp build .... now get her dirty!

http://www.mountainbikebitz.com/images/products/2013_urge_all_mountain_helmet___white1.jpg

http://www.bikemania.biz/images/products/ubp_13302x.jpg

100-Accuri-Sand-Goggles-2.jpg

http://www.thedogswheels.co.uk/images/products/Five-Ten-Impact-2-Low-MTB-Freeride-Shoes-angle.jpg

Ready to ride the spruit now.

Did you get the shoes off CRC? I'm planning on buying a pair, but customs duty eish...

Did you get the shoes off CRC? I'm planning on buying a pair, but customs duty eish...

CRC yes. They were on sale. Even with duties they are still worth it. They do however feel about 1/2 too big for me. I will see after the first ride how they are.

CRC yes. They were on sale. Even with duties they are still worth it. They do however feel about 1/2 too big for me. I will see after the first ride how they are.

Yeas, it seems with duties and shipping they come to about R1500? Still cheaper than diald I suppose. My trail running shoes are a UK 11, so I should probably just go UK 11 on the 5-10's?

Yeas, it seems with duties and shipping they come to about R1500? Still cheaper than diald I suppose. My trail running shoes are a UK 11, so I should probably just go UK 11 on the 5-10's?

My current pair of riding shoes are a size 10UK so I ordered a 10UK 5.10. It is very close. Id rather have them a little big rather than too small.

I have 3 different model FiveTens and this is what I have found...

• The Impact based models (Impact, Sam Hill, Karver) seem to be slightly bigger than my "skate shoes size)
  • The Freerider based models (Freerider, Danny Mac, Red Barron) seem to be a spot on equivalent of my skate shoe size.
  • The Malrese Falcon SPDs ca also be sized according to regular shoe size.

• The Impact based models (Impact, Sam Hill, Karver) seem to be slightly bigger than my "skate shoes size)
  • The Freerider based models (Freerider, Danny Mac, Red Barron) seem to be a spot on equivalent of my skate shoe size.

Stupid question, but if I order from CRC and the item attracts customs duties:

- when do I pay the duties,

- does customs let the item through or do they hold until I pay (if so then Diald makes more sense),

- do they slap duties on the order including postage or ex postage?

Read that somewhere online also. Still not bad at all. I hate that feeling of too small.

Did you just confess to riding both flats & clipless!!!! :eek:

some useless, historical info: with the freerider model, it depends which model: if it's the first version, then it was true to size. the second model was slightly larger like the Impacts, and the third generation freerider (VXi), is back to true to size.

some useless, historical info: with the freerider model, it depends which model: if it's the first version, then it was true to size. the second model was slightly larger like the Impacts, and the third generation freerider (VXi), is back to true to size.

hmmm, thanks!

What generation would the Red Barron's fall under? Cos those are what I have.

hmmm, thanks!

What generation would the Red Barron's fall under? Cos those are what I have.

not sure if my sizing experiences with the freeriders extend to the other models, so can't really say. Also depends on whether your feet are lipo-enhanced or not. Mine's pretty lipo-depleted :P

Edited by Capricorn

The Airbrake look awesome! I really like the lens clip in system.

I was hoping the taxman was going to be more generous this year. If so, I would have gone full retard gadget and got me some Oakley Airwaves :wub:

i had a look at that as well, but a reviewer said the info coming off the screen is just overload and a bit of distraction. Still, super cool gadget. would be awesome for paintballing though, when launching the drone for an airstrike or for surveillance..

I'm assuming drones are allowed in PB... :P