Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

.......or MassMart milking us through Makro, Game, DionWired and Builders Warehouse.

Yeah - I was having a laugh. Pretty sure you're right about The Great American Dream that is Walmart.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After trashing three hubs on the BMX I bought recently, and getting sick of the warranty replacements, I bit the bullet and bought some new wheels on Saturday. Had the choice between these Alienation wheels in gold and red…

post-1604-0-24492100-1385958311_thumb.jpg

…took to Twitter, my son (who rides the bike more than me!), and my bike shop colleagues. Although I was leaning towards the red, I got over-ruled and fitted the gold set…

post-1604-0-88856100-1385958403_thumb.jpg

…not entirely despleased with the look…also had to fit a new chain, so opted for this Xposure half-link chain…

post-1604-0-60269400-1385958452_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tumbleweed

Hey there Tumbleweed, what were you or your son doing on the bike to break three hubs or was the quality just not that good? Nice wheels by the way makes the bike looks a lot cooler than original plain black. :thumbup:

Hey there Tumbleweed, what were you or your son doing on the bike to break three hubs or was the quality just not that good? Nice wheels by the way makes the bike looks a lot cooler than original plain black. :thumbup:

Thanks!

The hubs are apparently a poor design. It was explained to me, but I didn't pay too much attention. :blush: Apparently, it's not a good idea to run a cassette with a cup-and-cone setup.

So after missing out on the Mavic Crossmarks, I got myself these XT wheels today from The Bike Basement at a ridiculously low price.

The wheels, Conti Race Kings and the rotors all included in the deal...schweetttt

post-15052-0-49907900-1386073240_thumb.jpg

those look awesome

Thanks

The old wheels will be converted to slicks for the odd road fun ride/race...

post-18551-1386086242,1073.jpg

50 bucks for metal plate that screws between frame and bottle holder, takes 2 CO2 and nozzle

post-18551-1386086201,784.jpg

Just for emergencies around neighborhood ...