Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Hi Gandalf

What is the hooha about the Esi grips, I see so many cyclist think that they are the best invention since sliced white bread and now I'm starting to look at them myself? I have bar-ends on my mtb because I feel comfortable using them when I climb and a set of those rubber grips with the extra support for my palms/outside if the hands, when riding to prevent numbness in the hands.

its my first set, i thought i would try them out as my others grips were worn and it was time to replace the grips. had the first ride with them this morning. First experience so far has been good: it has nice grip and feel in your hands, its also thick so it sits well in the palm of your hand as compared to my previous grips. very comfortable. Grips have never really been an issue for me, any grips work fine as long as they dont move around. From what i have read and heard, when the esi grips get wet the grip is a bit compromised, but this was long ago, there could have been improvements.  

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Well spotted. It was the bike shop, but I was there for as much of the build as possible. Once you've experienced how much love Frikkie, Andre and the rest of the Tool-up team has for their work, it's very hard not to have them do it for you.

Well I hope they get a ride on the bike  ;) .

Great bike - I enjoyed mine so much after I sold it, I've gone and bought another one.

Guest notmyname

Transfer is done and dusted for my house. Woohoo. The spare room is going to be a bike work shop. I'm looking for those rubber squares that clip together for the floor. Any suggestions?

Transfer is done and dusted for my house. Woohoo. The spare room is going to be a bike work shop. I'm looking for those rubber squares that clip together for the floor. Any suggestions?

Very nice. I'm signing with the lawyers next week for our new place then it's just the wait for registration.

So not cycling related, but last week when I heard on the radio that Kalahari was having 50% off on most of their toys, the inner nerd in me instanly checked to see if the Lego Mindstorms kit was one of the sale items. And it was.

It's insane what this stuff is capable of.

http://www.robot-advance.com/userfiles/www.robot-advance.com/image/4-modles-lego-mindstorms-ev3.png

So not cycling related, but last week when I heard on the radio that Kalahari was having 50% off on most of their toys, the inner nerd in me instanly checked to see if the Lego Mindstorms kit was one of the sale items. And it was.

It's insane what this stuff is capable of.

http://www.robot-advance.com/userfiles/www.robot-advance.com/image/4-modles-lego-mindstorms-ev3.png

I SO want to get that! They'r crazy expensive though... 

Want it for my lightie... But when he's ready for it there'll probably be something better out. Next step - Meccano...

I SO want to get that! They'r crazy expensive though... 

Want it for my lightie... But when he's ready for it there'll probably be something better out. Next step - Meccano...

The Kalahari sale had the Mindstorms EV3 Home kit at R1999 (Retail at the Fourways Lego shop is R4199).

http://robotsquare.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/ev3_home_edition.jpg

http://www.intorobotics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/rsz_xcpj_bpodfkbpogfbmpokvncpovb_kpo_kvb.jpg

If one is paying full retail then the EV3 Education kit is a better buy (R4250 at the Fourways Lego shop). Essentially it's the same, but has a gyro and ultrasonic sensor, in stead of the infrared that the Home kit has.

45544_713x380_mainproduct.png?l.r=-15255

But yeah, at half price the Home kit was a bargain. And Minstorms uses the Labview programing language which is amazing! (hence why they use it for the Cern LHC and the Redbull Space Jump)

They had Meccano listed on the Kalahari sale. I had a look... but Meccano nowdays is not the same as what I had as a kid. And definitely not what my Dad grew up with (I still have his set). They've dumbed it down a lot.

Latest purchase

http://www.adendorff.co.za/DynamicData/ProductPics/YBISCT-001.png

and something I bought for my little monster & already posted has finally arrived

attachicon.gif20141001_182558_resized.jpg

Looks like an awesome first bike that! But you know the rules... he needs to post a picture of it on his baby kiddy car seat!

EDIT: he's definitely not a baby anymore with a sweet ride like that!

Edited by patches

You can buy those at any plastic good shop I am sure harware stores should have them too. Cant remember what I paid.

Flippin heck, that's a solid price right there!!!

And agreed on the Meccano. But it was running on a 50% off special not so long ago at Toys r Us. And you can get them online as well through e-bay. 

Looks like an awesome first bike that! But you know the rules... he needs to post a picture of it on his baby kiddy car seat!

EDIT: he's definitely not a baby anymore with a sweet ride like that!

Yea, the saddle is just an inch higher than his y-bike, but it's narrower so he can still get on the thing and motor away. It's the main reason I got it - a good few inches lower than the other balance bikes (JD Bug included) out there. And let's face it - that colour!? SICK!