2012 94.7

Agteros

Windfinder says 20km/h N to NNE wind, with gusts to 30km/h.

So you're looking at a nice tail wind from the start down to the city centre, but when you turn you've got a solid headwind all the way up to the N14.

N14 to Summit Rd will be a left-right cross wind (good place to initiate breaks?), but then the last stretch past kyalami will be a fast tailwind.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I didn't do last year and haven't done a road race in 18months I'm in group E starting 6h51. Hoping to try do sub 2.40. Am I alone or are there gonna be okes willing to work? Who else is in group E? If you see a pink pig dangling off a saddle in front of you then come past and take the wind please. That is all.

Also going in E. Rode on MTB with my son last year and got 3:20. Also no other road races so this is were I have ended up. Don't know what the prospect of 2:40 is in group E but I am good for 2:50 as long as you don't start like an idiot going for a 2:15 :)

I will be cheering you folks on on the R55 , as you come off Summit look for the Friendsan Dojo to your left and the crazy screaming fans thumbup1.gif

Deal. If you're there with a beer, I'll even stop and say Hi ;-)

It's only Tuesday guys, weather report is bound to change before Sunday. Those guys battle to get yesterday's weather right.

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Spot on!

I will be cheering you folks on on the R55 , as you come off Summit look for the Friendsan Dojo to your left and the crazy screaming fans thumbup1.gif

Look out for the guys in white Elvis suits and give us an extra cheer!

edit: and perhaps a cold beer on the second lap w00t.gif drool.gif

Edited by Mr SingleTrack

Looking forward to this. My 1st one! Will get my seeding redone so I can get a decent start and not too caught up in the masses. Knowing the right folk helps! I am well familiar with the last section of the route from the N14 through to the finish line. Play it through my mind daily. Mental prep is key!

Going to be my 1st road race, using my only road bike, an old school Hansom. Never ridden it in the rain, hopefully people riding bicycles in the rain aren't as accident prone as ppl riding cars in the rain here in Jozi.