2012 94.7

Agteros

Beautiful day out there in JHb, warming up though, I have ave 30 Deg C

Did a pb of 3:50 mostly solo effort, starting with DD at 8h30

Riders were all over the road the 2nd half, but that's how the back markers roll. Takes one to know one.

Great that e TV screened it live, long may that continue.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 15 in 2:29 from VA group very chuffed that a Capie(me) survived the altitude to finish with the bunch.

Super result.

Did you spend a few days there acclimatising?

Came across a crazy woman in a white cab and half driving as a second for a VB rider. Our group hooked on to theirs after they passed us and madam thought she could squeeze through the riders despite nowhere for her to go.

Wonder how her husband feels about his damaged rims after she cut the corner short, tyres screeching, ploughing through a resident's rock garden on the pavement while deliberately trying to cut off the group on the inside. Her rider should be DQ'd.

Crazy...

:-o

Super result.

Did you spend a few days there acclimatising?

Thanks, I arrived Friday 3pm not sure if that was enough time, it certainly didn't feel like it.

80km a guy was tacking fotos and a rider crasched into him looked very bad

What's going on?

Ai...

Thanks, I arrived Friday 3pm not sure if that was enough time, it certainly didn't feel like it.

You did well.

At least 3 days would be good to adjust.

:-)

I really need to get rid of this habit of popping at around 20km!

Great day to be out on the bike. Pity about the wind though, although it kept everybody honest!

At 2:29 your fitness is prolly the most important factor. I find off the bike its worse than when the adrenalin is pumping.

Did anyone check that Marshall who crashed around the halfway mark? Hope he's ok.

Saw that! He was awake when I passed

Yeah, we passed him. It happened quite early, before 07:45.

His name is Willem.

He has multiple breaks in one leg, a dislocated wrist and sore ribs. He's been taken to Olivedale, they'll be operating on him tonight.

His name is Willem.

He has multiple breaks in one leg, a dislocated wrist and sore ribs. He's been taken to Olivedale, they'll be operating on him tonight.

Thanx, Az...

Terrible news for this servant of the sport.

Did a 2h31, missed my target by 1min but on the plus side I won the B batch!thumbup1.gif

Well done man, you should consider changing your profile name...LOL tongue.png

80km a guy was tacking fotos and a rider crasched into him looked very bad

I saw the photographer. He was crouched in the middle of the road. The wind was nasty from the left and riders hugged the right hand side of the road. It's easy not to see him if you sit in a big group. Hope he's okay,though.

Happy as this was my first 94.7 and did a 3 00 and seventeen seconds would of dearly loved a sub 3 but wasnt to be.

Did me a 3:20 something. 1st time round on me alu 26" MTB with slicks. Loved every minute of it!

Will be back next year hunting down a sub 3!