Cycling SA Olympic Squad Announced

Matt

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that they are putting all their eggs in one basket. Just say something happens to Ash in the race (something we are not hoping for), then what are the other 2 going to be able to do? or are they going to stop by her side and there everything is done?

Ja, goodness, I'd hate to be a Kenyan middle distance runner, their cup runneth over! :D

Was she not part of your TCS crowd long ago?

Nope. Never was. She is pro. TCS is a bunch of funriders.

She is considered a good friend though.

And I have raced with her....she can pedal a bike. Better than some of the girls going to the Olympics. So in my books......Dumb ass decision by CSA and shows they are not about performance and results.

damnit! you need someone to explain road racing to you! back to basics, 101.

BAHAHAHAH!!! This is funny. HAAHAHAHHAHHA.

So you think the girls that are going will last HALF WAY in that Olympic race? Let's see.

BAAHAHAHAHA.....nochain jy moet maar sê as ek jou bietjie kan kom leer van racing hoor......

BAHAHAHAHHA

Nope. Never was. She is pro. TCS is a bunch of funriders.

She is considered a good friend though.

And I have raced with her....she can pedal a bike. Better than some of the girls going to the Olympics. So in my books......Dumb ass decision by CSA and shows they are not about performance and results.

Naah I know she is a pro now.I am talking about when she was at school

Just by the way... on the topic of Cherise or any SA women going to race in Europe. Do you know we pay higher salaries than continental women's teams. Soooo, as much as you say go and prove yourself, there is little incentive since the salaries are either very small or none at all. Just ask Jennie Stenerhag. Seems we have created a monster in SA with high salaries. As it is the women racing for Lotto are heavily subsidised by CSA and their domestic teams. Lotto pays nothing for having them.

rob1, no conspiracy I know of, but maybe with your knowledge of racing - as shown in your response to nochain - you could explain it...

Naah I know she is a pro now.I am talking about when she was at school

Nope....not that I know off. Would have been an honor if she did.

She was with Mr. Price as a junior. Got a ride at Minolta, from there I think MTN...USN....Cyclelab/Toyota.

Something like that........

BAHAHAHAH!!! This is funny. HAAHAHAHHAHHA.

So you think the girls that are going will last HALF WAY in that Olympic race? Let's see.

BAAHAHAHAHA.....nochain jy moet maar sê as ek jou bietjie kan kom leer van racing hoor......

BAHAHAHAHHA

MMMM, Hannasie en Kop en geen ketting..... bring terug goeie herrineringe van die ou ou dae.

Nope....not that I know off. Would have been an honor if she did.

She was with Mr. Price as a junior. Got a ride at Minolta, from there I think MTN...USN....Cyclelab/Toyota.

Something like that........

Kop, jy het van Nashua vergeet.

damnit! you need someone to explain road racing to you! back to basics, 101.

Did you even read my post??

So maybe you can explain it to me? But please don't explain road cycling tactics for me.....explain the dynamics of racing as a small team with only one leader and 2 weaker riders against bigger and stronger teams.

Smart riders understand that they have to work off the bigger teams that dominated the way the race goes. They determine the tactics and the results. If 3 of the top teams wants the break to stay away and you did not make the break then you are F#$ked!!If they want to keep the race together for a sprint then you better be on the right wheel in the last 5 km.

What do you think Impey will do? Use he's experience...giving him 2 workers will not really help unless they are some off the strongest riders in the world and they are able to keep him close to the front in the last 5km...the rest of the race it is up to him to stay out of trouble and close to the front with the big names.

So what is it you think Robyn will do? Give her a wheel when she punchers…with no radio support does that mean she will be stuck on her wheel the whole race between 200 other riders? Keep her out of the wind, get bottles for her?

Like I said it is my opinion, when racing in a race like that…very similar to worlds then send your best riders and hope 1 of them is on the right wheel when the right move goes and then it is up to them to finish it off.

Edited by nochain

No to my eyes.

Ya, response will be interesting. Think this was a predictable result though, given past hearings, think it highlights a need for a neutral sports arbitration body.

That and the fact that she is still pretty much appealing to the eye.

Sorry Burry :blush:

Most of us got it anyway.... but a pikcha is always worth a 1000 words..

http://cyclinginfo.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/simag-cherise.jpg

Just by the way... on the topic of Cherise or any SA women going to race in Europe. Do you know we pay higher salaries than continental women's teams. Soooo, as much as you say go and prove yourself, there is little incentive since the salaries are either very small or none at all. Just ask Jennie Stenerhag. Seems we have created a monster in SA with high salaries. As it is the women racing for Lotto are heavily subsidised by CSA and their domestic teams. Lotto pays nothing for having them.

Yeah that is the big problem...the money is good here.Even for the men....mostly if they are that good in SA that they will make it in Europe then mostly they will have to take a big paycut to start off in a team there.The upside for the men is once they hit protour status it all becomes worth it.With the woman it is all about just being the best they can be,but the money they will never get.

Any idea what the Mtb woman get paid?Better?

rob1, no conspiracy I know of, but maybe with your knowledge of racing - as shown in your response to nochain - you could explain it...

Where have I shown you any knowledge?

All I know is that I'll clock off in 30 to ride my bike instead of speaking about it.

I'm one of those people born without any talents and have picked any up along the way. The same comes to knowledge.

But we are on the hub, right? Lucky me!