Cycling SA Olympic Squad Announced

Matt

Anriette June 8, 2012 at 11:27 am #

What a load of bullcrap. Then why set selection criteria and make people sacrifice their lives if it doesn’t even count in the end. Talent means nothing seems to me.

boo ha!

ja I saw that and was wondering if that is "the" Anriette? Really it is BS - if this is your plan all along at least be honest with the cyclists Edited by dracs

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to this I want to cry. :(

Well done to those who made it!

For those who didn’t, you'll know when it is the end of the road for you, otherwise there is always next time!

Politics always seem to leave a bitter taste!

That story on the Bicycling site is a load of bull. Now Barry is trying to tell us what he thinks the selectors were thinking? Give me a break. They all must have had some discussion. He might not be a selector but I am damn sure he gave some input. Now he goes on Bicycling to distance himself from the selection? Why can't they get hold of the Road Commissioner but Barry was keen to volunteer his opinion? Oh ja, he is the team manager but he didn't get to choose who he is managing. Yes, it's clear. Clear as mud.

• 2 weeks later...

That last bit "This week the team was evidently reselected, and remains unchanged"

If true, how does the logic, if any, apply?

The point of following a process of re-selection, in any code. Is that there's a clear admission that the original criteria had not been adhered to.

So now we follow the same circle, seems more like playing for time.

i will laugh my ass off if he does and proves you wrong

I'm with you DEZ! I would think he has as good a chance as any of the other 'hopefuls'!

There is a good chance of a podium for Burry based on his current performance - Gold would be fantastic but it would be luck if he got it. Nino is looking unbeatable. Maybe its the 650B's

See on the weekend Sport Live ran an article on the issue, seems things are still far from resolved.

"Time-trial cycling ace Cherise Taylor may take Cycling SA (CSA) to court after she was omitted from the women’s road cycling team for next month’s London Olympic Games.

Her attorney, Peter Assenmacher, claimed on Friday that CSA had deviated from communicated selection criteria.

“This may compel my client to approach the High Court on an urgent basis.” The multiple South African champion and Beijing Olympian was excluded from the original three-rider women’s road cycling team selected by CSA.

CSA vice-president Mike Bradley on Friday said he could not comment on the merits of the case, as an appeal hearing would take place in Johannesburg on Monday."

Full story soused below...

http://www.sportlive.co.za/moresport/cycling/2012/06/23/local-cyclist-may-approach-court?utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=sabreakingnews&utm_source=twitter

See on the weekend Sport Live ran an article on the issue, seems things are still far from resolved.

"Time-trial cycling ace Cherise Taylor may take Cycling SA (CSA) to court after she was omitted from the women’s road cycling team for next month’s London Olympic Games.

Her attorney, Peter Assenmacher, claimed on Friday that CSA had deviated from communicated selection criteria.

“This may compel my client to approach the High Court on an urgent basis.” The multiple South African champion and Beijing Olympian was excluded from the original three-rider women’s road cycling team selected by CSA.

CSA vice-president Mike Bradley on Friday said he could not comment on the merits of the case, as an appeal hearing would take place in Johannesburg on Monday."

Full story soused below...

http://www.sportlive..._source=twitter

It's all over her FB page

It's all over her FB page

I'm sure, and a lot other emotive chatter from everyone else most likely.

Prefer the details covered in the article though. However this goes, it's going to cause angst for any of the athletes concerned. Still it shouldn't be ignored either.

Nope. Based on UCI points, each country gets allocated a number of riders per discipline and the locals then gets to choose who fill those berths. The ladies were "lucky" --> they were set for 2 spots, which were reduced to 1 spot due to super-ordinate allocation criteria. THen The Lady earned more points in the Free State, pushing them up to 3 spots....

Dude, I was talking about the hockey teams?!

Still it shouldn't be ignored either.

100%

CSA Cocked up here, again, and need to answer.

A certain financier/owner/manager/coach/liasion has a great deal to do with this if one follows the story from the time Cherise left MTN and joined the Toyota squad. looking at CS position on the UCI ranking list and her achievments over the past two years versus the other ladies Ashley excluded one wonders what criteria was actually used and what CS done to get on the wrong side of the selectors.

One issue that has come to light the ladies recent trip to ride for Lotto was the manner a certain rider would attack CS on every possible break whether Ashely was in the break or not even though they rode for the same team( trying to secure UCI points)

CS has a proven track record over the past few years and derserves her place on the team simply by judging the UCI ranking and her races raced.

The only thing I can imagine her not been in the team might be disciplinary reasons.