Cycling SA Olympic Squad Announced

Matt

Let's hope so.

Road cycling can be an unforgiving beast with a very long memory.

Time to rise above it all and get on with the race.

Still would like to know where we could watch this...

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope so.

Road cycling can be an unforgiving beast with a very long memory.

Time to rise above it all and get on with the race.

Still would like to know where we could watch this...

Get on a plane and fly to Italy ;)

Not likely to be televised :(

My sources say that isn't the case though, they all get along well...

She is going to moer you if you call her 'n 'source'. :whistling:

She is going to moer you if you call her 'n 'source'. :whistling:

Haha, ek wou haar ni by naam noem ni :unsure:

Een bron van talent :)

Haha, ek wou haar ni by naam noem ni :unsure:

Een bron van talent :)

is meer n geval van mamma se klappe brand en op die fiets skop sy jou g@t.

Dear Fellow Riders, Supporters and Cycling Enthusiasts,

With Cycling SA making history in sending the biggest contingent of riders to both the Olympics and Paralympics, it speaks volumes of the tremendous progress being made in our sport. No doubt with selections there are always those who will be disappointed when teams are announced. Cherise Stander (nee Taylor) exercised her right to appeal her “non-selection”. Due process was followed with an independent appeal panel concluding that the correct selection process was followed and that Cherise’s appeal was unfortunately unsuccessful. Of importance is the fact that we have an appeal process and most certainly we will continue refining the selection processes so that they will continue to serve the riders’ best interests.

Understandably Cherise is highly disappointed, but we commend the spirit in which she has handled this appeal result and I can assure her that she remains firmly in Cycling SA’s plans as we pursue our 2020 vision of being ranked consistently in the top 10 across all disciplines. On a personal note, having been her manager on National team duty I can attest to her great fighting spirit and I know she will be back an even better and stronger rider. She is a rider of great quality and has a tremendous future ahead of her.

With the Olympics now weeks away I once again urge you all to get behind our team as they focus on their preparation in these crucial last few weeks. They deserve nothing less than our unequivocal support. Let’s surround them with wishes of positive support on a daily basis. I certainly would like to wish each and every rider the best of luck as they fine-tune their preparations. For many this is their first time and I would like to offer our best wishes as comfort to them, knowing that they will do their best for our country.

London here we come!

Yours sincerely

William Newman

President

http://www.cyclingsa.com/Article.aspx?uid=911

Follow @girodonne on FB or Twitter, they have links to the Rai broadcasts and to race summaries.

This is a very funny post by Clara Hughes: http://velociosports...y-clara-hughes/

Stuck in Marseille at for a few days, Rai broadcasts definitely seem to be the best. A

Although the language makes it a bit difficult to follow.