Cycling SA Olympic Squad Announced

Matt

Great statement from someone who has had even less success on a bike.

No, I've had zero success on a bike. That means I'm not allowed an opinion? Well, then hardly anyone on this thread should be allowed to say anything.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I've had zero success on a bike. That means I'm not allowed an opinion? Well, then hardly anyone on this thread should be allowed to say anything.

Hit a nerve ?

Great statement from someone who has had even less success on a bike.

Remind us how good you are again?

:thumbup:

I agree that Cherise should have been sent based on performance, but when you think about it they want to get a SA woman’s team at the Olympics that can work together for a medal. The 3 lady’s that will be there ride for the same team so they know each other and will probably work together better than if there were another big name in the pot. I think they are aiming for Ashley to get a medal and the other 2 will work only for that. I don’t think Cherise would have done that

I don’t know cycling so well as most people here, but that is why I think they chose the 3 lady’s they did. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I agree that Cherise should have been sent based on performance, but when you think about it they want to get a SA woman’s team at the Olympics that can work together for a medal. The 3 lady’s that will be there ride for the same team so they know each other and will probably work together better than if there were another big name in the pot. I think they are aiming for Ashley to get a medal and the other 2 will work only for that. I don’t think Cherise would have done that

I don’t know cycling so well as most people here, but that is why I think they chose the 3 lady’s they did. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I understand your point, but why is there then selection criteria for the olympics? If they said from the start: "We would select the strongest rider, and the other 2 will be chosen to support this rider" then fine, but you can't tell the girl that this is what you have to do to go to the olympics and then not pick her. Politics in sport is a biatch...

you can't tell the girl that this is what you have to do to go to the olympics and then not pick her. Politics in sport is a biatch...

Jip, Totally agree.

Jip, Totally agree.

I reckon Cherise is quite a team player and would have made a good impact.

Last I checked Cherise also rides for the same team in RSA and EU.

That's sad. I quite liked the story of the men's hockey team and how the women's team cheered them on and gave support.

PS. Nice saddle.

Nope.

Based on UCI points, each country gets allocated a number of riders per discipline and the locals then gets to choose who fill those berths.

The ladies were "lucky" --> they were set for 2 spots, which were reduced to 1 spot due to super-ordinate allocation criteria. THen The Lady earned more points in the Free State, pushing them up to 3 spots....

It's been a long day and eventually we agree :thumbup:

:clap:

(no wonder its snowing today!)

So this Austin chap was instrumental in the selection, that makes sense.

Not according to the article: "Austin was not involved in the team selection itself, so all comments are his own opinion."

Not according to the article: "Austin was not involved in the team selection itself, so all comments are his own opinion."

I jumped straight to the Cherise part.

Edited by Dangle

Anriette June 8, 2012 at 11:27 am #

What a load of bullcrap. Then why set selection criteria and make people sacrifice their lives if it doesn’t even count in the end. Talent means nothing seems to me.

boo ha!

Anriette June 8, 2012 at 11:27 am #

What a load of bullcrap. Then why set selection criteria and make people sacrifice their lives if it doesn’t even count in the end. Talent means nothing seems to me.

boo ha!

"Talent means nothing"

The story of the story, what??