Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently by closing the vents in the helmets they save a few watts in terms of cleaner aerodynamics. Pity about all that facial hair that is trending as well.

Marginal gains...

:thumbup:

Or it could be all in the head, pun intended.

So I arrived in Metz yesturday and on the TV in the hotel there was footage of the 1963 TDF. Amazing how the guys used to get to a town and the domestiques for each team would stop at a pub and collect beers, ride back to the group and hand them out to the team. One rider had one beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Crazy stuff back then.

One rider had one beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

You have just defined heaven

Sagan had been well positioned, but a moment's lapse of concentration proved costly.

"I was well positioned behind Greipel, and the next minute I was a lot further behind," added the Slovakian.

"I have to learn to be more aggressive in these situations. But it was a very good experience."

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/road/news/37324/Sagan%20ends%20loan%20spell%20to%20secure%20Tour's%20green%20jersey

Seems Sagan is making enemies quickly but I think it's just racing.

Goss did fight his way back into contention, and eventually himself pushed Peter Sagan off the wheel of Mark Cavendish.

The efforts of positioning however proved too much for the Australian who explained he felt expended by the time the sprint opened.

http://www.sbs.com.a...lack-of-respect

Matt Goss is a real sheep shagger - i would not take his comment seriously

Though I will probably get sick of it soon....the MTN advertisement with the two boys rocks... :thumbup:

ya its cool

Seems Sagan is making enemies quickly but I think it's just racing.

He will calm down as soon as he realizes it's not about him. I think the peloton can be brutal when a rider becomes an idiot....I would not be too surprised if an older team has bit of a chat with the boy B)

I like :thumbup:

THE TOURMINATOR

Haha thats briliant.. no pressure Sonny.. bold statement, not sure thats going to help him in the peleton at this stage..

The Movie youre taling about Is called "Eddy Merckx -the greatest show on earth"

Edited by Bos

Five guys in the break with 45" after 10 km, and Michael Morkov (STB) is there again...he must really want to keep the polkadot :D

Oops, lead is 2'00"

Edited by DaLoCo

Peter the Jedi is learning fast, for instance he was the only one to jump on Fabain's wheel when he went on Sunday. Perhaps also the only one able to?

From what I can fathom, being a sprinter is no place for Mr Nice Guy, there is always 'argy bargy' going on, but you have to balance your aggressiveness against the rules and good relations with others. But bad blood does seem to flow thick and fast, ie between Cav and Tyler. And remember how cav was relegated when he one a stage a few years ago?

my 2c, not that I claim to know much about this.

Five guys in the break with 45" after 10 km, and Michael Morkov (STB) is there again...he must really want to keep the polkadot :D

Oops, lead is 2'00"

Saxo need all the points/publicity they can get right now.