Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Agree with tombeej above. When I see old footage of LA now I can't stand to watch it. All I can think is cheat. It has poisoned so much. I didn't get to cycling via LA and I wish he had never gotten on a bike. He ruined and destroyed more than he ever created IMHO.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you name one person on the Hub that believe's he is innocent.

That Goya dude with the clapping emoticons.

Bingo.

Some folks are trying to weigh up the good and bad of the guy. Yes, he did so much for the sport. But he's taken so much as well. So which side of the scale is heavier?

Well the point above does it for me. For the coming generations of cyclists, and it will not matter whether they are as clean as the driven snow, any amazing achievement by any new star will be met with a general cynical and dismissive "So what. He's a cyclist. His achievement is meaningless - it was all done with drugs." That's what he's taken away - the sense of awe and respect we had for these incredible athletes and the battles that were fought on those mountains. He took away our belief in the 'epicness' of the sport. He's taken away the accolades and respect that future riders will deserve by their achievements - before they've even happened.

I actually have a lot of sympathy for the guy in many respects - I'm really not a LA 'hater'. But hells bells, what a way to leave your mark on the sport.

Its a shame that people need hero's to feel connected to something. What happened to just get out and ride. All those positive messages Armstrong conveyed over the years, they were good advice, coming from somebody who clearly didn't know how to life the life he wanted others to. That on its own is a powerful message.

Be you own hero

Its a shame that people need hero's to feel connected to something. What happened to just get out and ride. All those positive messages Armstrong conveyed over the years, they were good advice, coming from somebody who clearly didn't know how to life the life he wanted others to. That on its own is a powerful message.

Be you own hero

Heroes are fun, fallen heroes better. Too much zen takes the giggle out of life.

Jawell this bullcrap argument of "everyone doped" also holds only limited water. Lance took it to a new level. He perfected it almost... and when he did test positive he used his influence to make it go away.

And yet he lied on TV without blinking hundreds of times......

Seriously, has he done more good than harm to the sport? Sure he survived cancer and all that.... does that however make him immune to what he has done wrong?

Honestly he has contributed immensely to ensure the sport is dirtier than ever....

Oh and if Tyler tells the truth then Lance is the kind person I would rather not meet.........

There is no such thing as a big sin or a small sin! Its like saying a guy that kills 3 people is less guilty of murder than a guy that killed 5 people. So this "yes there was doping in the sport but Lance took it to a new level" is a real *** arguement. I am sure Lance did dope and he is in the process to have to own up to it. But seriously, giving him credit for the current level of doping in cycling is emplying that he is more charismatic than Hitler. Allot of credit for a guy you obvioulsy do not like.......

You think he would stoop that low...?

No, just thought the two of them have been getting closer...

There is no such thing as a big sin or a small sin! Its like saying a guy that kills 3 people is less guilty of murder than a guy that killed 5 people. So this "yes there was doping in the sport but Lance took it to a new level" is a real *** arguement. I am sure Lance did dope and he is in the process to have to own up to it. But seriously, giving him credit for the current level of doping in cycling is emplying that he is more charismatic than Hitler. Allot of credit for a guy you obvioulsy do not like.......

He must have some level of charisma, didn't see you lot arguing the case for Vino, Contador, Ulrich, Ricco or... anyone else bust for being a cheat.

He must have some level of charisma, didn't see you lot arguing the case for Vino, Contador, Ulrich, Ricco or... anyone else bust for being a cheat.

Just shows you how significant the guy is even the lives of those who "hate" him.

It's bizarre how fellow hubbers have to state again and again that they believe in the cheating scumbag Texan and how they admire him.

It's a lost cause, the good guys have won. Move on to something worthwhile believing in and admiring.

And leave us good guys who have endured 13 years of this scumbag to our smug satisfaction that we were right all along.

edit typo on that

Edited by petatodd

It's bizarre how fellow hubbers have to state again and again that they believe in the cheating scumbag Texan and how they admire him.

It's a lost cause, the good guys have won. Move on to something worthwhile believing in and admiring.

And leave us good guys who have endured 13 years of this scumbag to our smug satisfaction that we were right all along.

edit typo on that

So who are your current favourite pro riders? Do you feel the same about the other guys who got busted or currently coining it by coming clean in books?

I am not defending Lance. I am 100% sure he is guilty. Just checking if you are a hypocrite on the matter

Edited by Jaco-fiets