Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

I still won't buy one. Clearly you need drugs to be successful on a Trek.

I bought a Trek around 1999 - yes of course it was due to the Armstrong and USPS wow factor. Didn't make me go faster but I felt good. Hahaha even had the USPS T-shirt!

The Sky thing worries me, especially Wiggo's outburst and it seems like the media is onto Brailsford.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

giving him credit for the current level of doping in cycling is emplying that he is more charismatic than Hitler.

there we go. end of discussion. mods you can close this thread now

actually it took a lot longer. Its been falling since around 1999 TDF.

the moment suspicions start, the roll down the hill begins. You either nip it in the bud then or face a much bigger challenge further down the line.

He chose to create enemies instead.

I bought a Trek around 1999 - yes of course it was due to the Armstrong and USPS wow factor. Didn't make me go faster but I felt good. Hahaha even had the USPS T-shirt!

The Sky thing worries me, especially Wiggo's outburst and it seems like the media is onto Brailsford.

Sky';s performance improvement mirrors USPS in 1999-2000.

whenever there has been a massive standout performance in the TDF, theres been a doping scandal.

snip snip snip

Herman stated "me might" and all of a sudden he volunteered?

snip snip snip

I actually don't care much for this whole matter but that kind of smacks to me of the media's usual 'sell more papers' take on the comment .... but ja that's just the cynic in me .....

No, just thought the two of them have been getting closer...

Not quite sure what to make of this, have no hang-ups but the hubbers have to consistently create hang-ups.

It's quite simple what happened.

Ages ago when Colonel was on the hub, he said L.A. was a doper.

He then tweeted that someone should tell the hubbers "I told you so"

I saw it being re-tweeted.

I made mention to the fact that Colonel himself should come and say "I told you so"

I also made reference to the local sub-vet and vets who dope to the eyeballs, keeping the Jo'Burg guys in mind, that's where I live.

Some dude, a fitzy dude got his fanny hairs in a knot and made things to be a little uncomfortable and confusing.

His anonymity was quickly found out as he has acquaintances in the same circle I do.

I then got hold of one or two people so I could speak to Colonel, this I did not have to do as he called me himself, both of us as confused as two pigs in a macon factory.

All was cleared and Colonel told me he will never return here.

So in light of last nights post, unless it's that fitzy (who still owes me and the Colonel an apology) dude again, I have no reason to believe it was Colonel.

It was straight to the point with no hidden agenda and I don my hat to him for doing so.

RE: Hoping L.A. and his attorneys are reading this so they can see how you tell the truth.

I don't know about Sky. But Brailsford did help transform British cycling. Their whereabouts programme was said to be one of the most stringent in the world. As for Froome, I've said it before, I think he is clean.

I would not bet on any of them being clean after what we have seen and know now.

I actually don't care much for this whole matter but that kind of smacks to me of the media's usual 'sell more papers' take on the comment .... but ja that's just the cynic in me .....

I for one can't wait for the next big breaking news, "Durex drops Armstrong" "Loreal drops Armstrong" "Naas Botha drops-kicks Armstrong"

Have people nothing better to do than sit all day and wait for the next bit of pointlessness ?

I for one can't wait for the next big breaking news, "Durex drops Armstrong" "Loreal drops Armstrong" "Naas Botha drops-kicks Armstrong"

Have people nothing better to do than sit all day and wait for the next bit of pointlessness ?

Bloomberg: Armstrong stands to lose $30 million as sponsors flee

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-17/nike-ends-contract-with-lance-armstrong-amid-doping-allegations.html

Why stick to the facts they get in the way of one's long held opinion?

Because without facts emotions get in the way.

Bloomberg: Armstrong stands to lose $30 million as sponsors flee

http://www.bloomberg...llegations.html

just a quick comparison

sky are spending 216 000 pounds per year on science and medical for the ENTIRE team (how many riders)

armstrongs payments to ferrari alone were $100 000 per year. So yeah - suddenly armstrongs amounts DO seem suspicious

We know why you're standing up for the uniballer… whistling.gif

Ooh, that one cut deep, kinda makes the need for me to provide for my family look insignificant.

Although they do report it as a loss in earnings potential, so money not yet earned.

We know why you're standing up for the uniballer… whistling.gif

I wouldn't call it standing up for him, I think some people just don't feel the need to also twist the knife once it's in the heart.

The damage is kinda done from first moment of entry.

Edited by Dangle