Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Even though he has been stripped of his titles, years down the line he will still be remembered as the winner

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, maybe Lance can start focussing more on his acting career since he's banned from cycling..

What ever happened to that movie about Lance?

Comparing LA / Livestrong to Hitler is quite frankly absurdly ridiculous bordering on lunatic

its one of the laws governing forum debates. Whoever references hitler/nazis automatically loses, and the thread gets locked

its one of the laws governing forum debates. Whoever references hitler/nazis automatically loses, and the thread gets locked

Thats why I said, rather use Mugabe or Malema in its place then, makes it a bit more local.

Time to post this again:

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MTYzMDQ&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=ODE5MjI&LangId=1

My reading of this "Decision of the UCI", is that they do not agree completely with USADA, but only that they have decided not to appeal against the latter's sanction of LA. They seem to hope and even suggest that WADA and/or LA should appeal to CAS.

LA cant go to CAS, because he has chosen not to go to arbitration. Proceedings are complete, unless Wada wants to challenge usada. I cant see why they would, though.

Goodness, thats a bit over the top. Next your going to say he never had cancer and faked the whole thing.

LA chose Livestrong line of business not to hide his bad side [insert cuckoo clock image] but because he had experience in that field and saw an oppurtunity to turn it into a successfull business and help people with cancer.

Comparing LA / Livestrong to Hitler is quite frankly absurdly ridiculous bordering on lunatic

It would be a lot better to compare him to Bernie Madoff... they both did hard work running a business, made vast ill gotten gains, both did a lot of philanthropic work for charities, and bothe ended up in pris... oh... not alike at all then...

Because it's unfair to Hitler…?

Hehehe.... I want to laugh but that would contradict my earlier post and for sure some troll will pounce on it.

It would be a lot better to compare him to Bernie Madoff... they both did hard work running a business, made vast ill gotten gains, both did a lot of philanthropic work for charities, and bothe ended up in pris... oh... not alike at all then...

thumbup1.gif Yep that would be a better comparison

@News24:

"Pat McQuaid's comments expose the hypocrisy of his leadership and demonstrate why he is incapable of any meaningful change," Hamilton wrote in a statement on Tuesday.

"Instead of seizing an opportunity to instill hope for the next generation of cyclists, he continues to point fingers, shift blame and attack those who speak out, tactics that are no longer effective. Pat McQuaid has no place in cycling."

Tyler Hamilton

Paul Kimmage writes about LA as the "Cancer Jesus" & I think its very apt.

Folk are saying "but he raised USD500m for cancer research, he inspired people, so what if he cheated a little".

Isnt that just like a televangelist or Ray Macauley? & I dont think that their 'good' offsets their 'bad'.

& also, why would you forgive anyone that isnt asking for forgiveness?

My opinion?

Well, I've just had an hour long question and answer session with my 11 year old son, who is a keen cyclist, about Lance Armstrong, cheating in sport, doping and drugs . It was difficult stuff to explain, and I am sorry that he is now a bit disillusioned, but hopefully some good will come out of all this mess, even if just in our little world.

The long and the short of it, I tried to explain, is that you will be caught sooner or later and will have to suffer the consequences, just like Lance. That is humiliating and it will happen in public for all to see. If you are not caught, then it will catch up with you and kill you, like Pantani, and everyone will know. Even if you survive, you will have to live with yourself and it is terrible to live with a lying cheating person for the rest of your life.

(He then asked me about the Vit B Co injection that I had the other day........and about energy drinks.......more explainingbiggrin.png )

His conclusion is that he is disappointed and sad that Lance cheated but he still think he was a very good cyclist and that he did a lot of good things for people with cancer. I decided to leave it at that, because that is kind of how I feel as well.

Great post and nice parenting - and sometimes it takes an 11 year old to get a good perspective on things thumbup1.gif

Talk about a minefield!biggrin.png