Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

I wonder what will happen to livestrong - surely nobody will buy a rubber band either.

oh wait the yanks will.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check all those fake smiles

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/09/WATSON_00002803-646-631x421.jpg

Dude - you're wasting your time. The only human with stronger conviction than a Lancey fanboy is a Lancey h8r.

The part I love most is that Barry, Landis, Hincapie, Vaughter etc all took the money, glory, fame, results etc and thing BAZINGA! had a change of heart....AFTER they annoucned their retirements.

At least Lance has stood by his lies. The rest happily grabbed their ill gotton gains with both hands then popped a 180 and dissolved their guilty consciences when there was no more money or fame to be had. Equally if not MORE douchebaggery than el Lanceo.

Edit: Does anyone think Vaughters would be where he is now if he had never taken drugs? So he got to be a DS through fame brought on by taking drugs and is now a die hard drug crusader. That is the very essence of irony in my book.

Agree 100% "oh we used to dope but we're clean now. How wonderful are we now. PS buy our books"

Edited by Admin
Language

Agree 100% "oh we used to door but we're clean now. How wonderful are we now. PS buy our books"

PS buy our books. Made me piss me troosers propah.

Nowadays you just aren't a proper ex doper if you don't have a book dahhhhhhlingk.

Ex doper is the new black.

"Early in my professional career, it became clear to me that, given the widespread use of performance enhancing drugs by cyclists at the top of the profession, it was not possible to compete at the highest level without them."

Hincapie quoted.........

Now then........... what exactly does this say about Team Sky?

Also I predict that Lancelot will release a new book soon baring all and explaining why he did it. He will sell more books than George Orwell did.

Unfortunately, it is becoming increasingly about just him.

Dangle asked earlier on this thread why people hate Lance the way they do.

There's the answer. Other riders take their punishment. Even if they don't confess their crime, taking the punishment is pretty much an admission of guilt. In the face of every single one of his team mates admissions, Lance still denies, still professes loudly his cancer crusade sainthood. That's why we can't stomach him anymore.

Oh you must be referring to this :

I just can't understand why people are so de-moer-in with him.

He did say from the start that it never was about the bike.

Which indicates that you and many others love to quote and recall things completely out of context.

Sad to see how you missed the tongue in cheek in my comment following on from Eddy's post.

Secondly, I call BS. on your reason given and I call BS. on the reasons many others have given as to why they hate L.A. so much.

This is the way I see it.

Many kids here on this forum and many kids out there cycling all round the world started their cycling careers when Armstrong won his first tour and was punted as a cancer survivor who could overcome the impossible.

Suddenly cycling became a bit more popular and more of a tv. pastime for people who actually never watched the sport.

The Trek sales in those early years, make that record sales will confirm that it was around that time that cycling became a popular sport.

Many people went out and bought bikes and started changing their lifestyles.

Reason for this, Armstrong was an inspiration to them.

He suddenly became an idol to many.

Over the years he has been accused of doping and pulled the wool over many peoples eyes.

Now it's all come to light and the "I told you so's" are running around as if they are Mayans.

People went from loving him, to disliking him to hating him.

It's quite simple and a common human emotion, so the reason I think people hate him so much.

As much as they would like to admit it or not, they are pi$$ed because their "once my idol" hurt their feelings.

I know this, I was very pi$$ed when Popeye was banned.

Check all those fake smiles

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/09/WATSON_00002803-646-631x421.jpg

Not very different to our local vets and sub-vets when they hop on to a podium.

Oh you must be referring to this :

Which indicates that you and many others love to quote and recall things completely out of context.

Sad to see how you missed the tongue in cheek in my comment following on from Eddy's post.

Secondly, I call BS. on your reason given and I call BS. on the reasons many others have given as to why they hate L.A. so much.

This is the way I see it.

Many kids here on this forum and many kids out there cycling all round the world started their cycling careers when Armstrong won his first tour and was punted as a cancer survivor who could overcome the impossible.

Suddenly cycling became a bit more popular and more of a tv. pastime for people who actually never watched the sport.

The Trek sales in those early years, make that record sales will confirm that it was around that time that cycling became a popular sport.

Many people went out and bought bikes and started changing their lifestyles.

Reason for this, Armstrong was an inspiration to them.

He suddenly became an idol to many.

Over the years he has been accused of doping and pulled the wool over many peoples eyes.

Now it's all come to light and the "I told you so's" are running around as if they are Mayans.

People went from loving him, to disliking him to hating him.

It's quite simple and a common human emotion, so the reason I think people hate him so much.

As much as they would like to admit it or not, they are pi$$ed because their "once my idol" hurt their feelings.

I know this, I was very pi$$ed when Popeye was banned.

Luckily for me I did my first argus cycle tour when I was 14yrs old. Long before uniball was even a spec on the radar. He most certainly was never any influence in my cycling decisions.

Maybe some of us "I told you so's" have enough brain cells to figure things out on our own. Despite the abuse we had/have to endure for calling lance a liar and a cheat many many years ago

Good on George for waiting until he retired to release his statement.

Brad I got that helmet. now you better watch out! By the way I am clean.

Actually, as a matter of record, Livestrong does not fund cancer RESEARCH. It is a cancer advocacy group, raising the profile of cancer awareness.

Their events are aimed at raising awareness to attract donations, but they are very much involved in the treatment phase, funding part, or sometimes the whole cost of a cancer patients treatment. They are also in a position to content for lower medical costs for cancer patients.

I posted this before, and it highlights in a sarcastic way how the blogger was helped. If you read the comments (apart from the "we love LA posts) you can see that it is not an isolated case.

http://howsbrian.com...lly-screwed-me/

BTW, I do not doubt LA doped, I just have doubts regarding the procedure followed by USADA.

Edited by DaLoCo

I wonder what will happen to livestrong - surely nobody will buy a rubber band either.

oh wait the yanks will.

As much as people will love or hate him this is where I see Livestrong at.

I have seen quite a few individuals over the years with a yellow band on the arm.

My first question to them, "are you a cyclist ?"

I get this funny look and then a "no", after I refer to the Livestrong band , they tell me they bought it for cancer awareness.

So love it or hate it, thanks to those yellow bands, people across the globe have become more aware of cancer and how the disease can affect lives.