AM tyres... what you running?

patches

What about the maxxis Ardent 2.25 or 2.4? http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2109/2532161299_9360d20b72_o.jpg

I like them, have tried both the 26'er and 29'er versions in the 2.25" Volume and they are really nice tyres ... although I do think it is more of front tyre than a rear tyre.

In LUST they can be run nice and low in pressure and then they still hold out well in the sidewall dept.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

I like them, have tried both the 26'er and 29'er versions in the 2.25" Volume and they are really nice tyres ... although I do think it is more of front tyre than a rear tyre.

In LUST they can be run nice and low in pressure and then they still hold out well in the sidewall dept.

I ran one on the rear of my DH bike for a while. nice tire. it wore out fast tho. real fast.

What about the maxxis Ardent 2.25 or 2.4?

Front and back? Or something like a Larson/Crossmark at the back to lower the rolling resistance?

Also... is the 2.25 high volume really a high volume? Cos Maxxis in general are pretty skinny. The 2.35 minnions I used to run were skinnier than most 2.2's.

My Maxxis Ignitors (2.35 LUST) have been really good to me on a variety of terrain types.

They have also been really good WRT wear & puncture protection.

Front and back? Or something like a Larson/Crossmark at the back to lower the rolling resistance?

Also... is the 2.25 high volume really a high volume? Cos Maxxis in general are pretty skinny. The 2.35 minnions I used to run were skinnier than most 2.2's.

Yea i run them front and back and they roll pretty nice. They do look a bit skinny , more like a 2.1 than a 2.25.

Yes the do wear quickly if you skidd like mad but under normal riding conditions the are fine

The tune of your tyre is mostly due to the flexing of he rubber against the ground and the airflow between the knobblies. The tune depends quite heavily on knobbly spacing and arrangement. On the MK II's, I don't think Conti put near enough development into the acoustics of the tyre - which is most noticeable at speeds above 30km/h.

Bloody new phone putting down the wrong words. Good explanation though.

I have a Bontrager Jones acX 26 x 2.35. Best AM tire I ever rode. Only got to use it 3 times, too big for my Rear triangle. SOOoooo bummed.

grips like Nympho!

Bloody new phone putting down the wrong words. Good explanation though.

:)

Yeah, I disabled the autocorrection on the iPad but I find many typos when I read through now - especially letters which didn't appear.

I have a Bontrager Jones acX 26 x 2.35. Best AM tire I ever rode. Only got to use it 3 times, too big for my Rear triangle. SOOoooo bummed.

grips like Nympho!

That looks similar to a DMR Moto Digg'r but with a more spaced tread. hmmm...

Moto Digg'rs would have been an option if they made choopless. I have tried to seat foldable digg'rs on converted spank subrosa rims. Result was a cut tongue and chin. Sealant in my eyes and mouth... as well as all over the patio!

Edited by patches

I like High Roller 2.35 LUST front and rear. Trying Hans Dampf fr and Nobby Nic Rear on the SL-R at the moment and so far so good. They're a good 500g saving over the High Rollers!

Nevegals have a lot of grip, but they are too heavy and too slow.

Ardent is a nice tyre. Front and rear or paired with Bronson rear

I like High Roller 2.35 LUST front and rear. Trying Hans Dampf fr and Nobby Nic Rear on the SL-R at the moment and so far so good. They're a good 500g saving over the High Rollers!

Nevegals have a lot of grip, but they are too heavy and too slow.

Ardent is a nice tyre. Front and rear or paired with Bronson rear

How do the High Rollers, well, "roll" Crow?

How do the High Rollers, well, "roll" Crow?

High :whistling:

Quite fast for the amount of grip they have. One of the best balanced tyres I've ridden. Light enough, tough (never had a puncture in 18 months on them), rolls fast and wear rate is very good.

Schwalbe's are lighter, but they wear fast and are expensive.

Edited by The Crow

My latest 2.25" Ardent pairing is with a 2.2" Saguaro on the rear.

Mixing brands :eek:

... you'll NEVER be able to trick people into thinking you're sponsored like that! :ph34r: :lol:

Mixing brands :eek:

... you'll NEVER be able to trick people into thinking you're sponsored like that! :ph34r: :lol:

Thank goodness ... I prefer the mysterious privateer look :)