AM tyres... what you running?

patches

Got a pair of Maxxis Ignitor UST's on my bike at the moment. Pro's - cheap from CRC - tough and long tread life - not really a rear tyre by the look of it, but grips like crazy at the rear on the tech ups. Cons- heavyish - way narrower looking than the claimed 2.35 written on them.

Overall a good option if ya on a budget.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered 2 2.4's this week,will see whats up thumbup1.gif

waiting for your feedback buddy *drums fingers* :whistling:

I have had 2.2 ardents front and back, they are very nice tyres. However one day my front wheel slipped while cornering. This was probably die to too much speed, but non the less I started looking around. I settled for a 2.4 rubber queen, and man I am loving this tyre, it has tons of grip amnd allows one to carry so much speed with the ardent on the rear.

But I did some windowshopping yesterday and buycycle.co.za is selling the MK II Protections and X-king protections for less than landed CRC price... so I may go local.

Heads up - my MK II protection chucked knobs, and those it didn't chuck disintegrated. Onto Onza Ibex FRs now and loving them...

Just added a WTB Bronson to my bike. Running it on the back. Seems to do the trick (fills with air and rolls nicely along the ground).

Guest Omega Man

Ask and ye shall receive wink.png

That's the 2.5 - AFAIK the 2.35 doesn't come in UST. BUT apparently you can run it tjoopless without hassles?

I've run single ply minnion 2.35 tubeless without hassle.

Hans Dampf 2.35 on the front, and WTB Weirwolf on the back. Wonderful combo

I find the HD very sensitive on loose gravel on hard packed dirt. Very good tyre but just a bit sensitive to weight distribution.

Absolutely insane on lightly loose soil!

I find the HD very sensitive on loose gravel on hard packed dirt. Very good tyre but just a bit sensitive to weight distribution.

Absolutely insane on lightly loose soil!

Experienced the same, but what pressure are you running at? The snakeskin sidewalls allow for quite a bit of pressure drop before you get tire roll under hard cornering, something that occurs damn easily on a maxxis tyre under 'normal' low pressure conditions.

It's near those pressures that the HD works better on loose gravel over hardpack. But you'll have to play around abit. I think i dropped mine to about 1.9bar. Worked super well.

Experienced the same, but what pressure are you running at? The snakeskin sidewalls allow for quite a bit of pressure drop before you get tire roll under hard cornering, something that occurs damn easily on a maxxis tyre under 'normal' low pressure conditions.

It's near those pressures that the HD works better on loose gravel over hardpack. But you'll have to play around abit. I think i dropped mine to about 1.9bar. Worked super well.

Sitting on 2.0 bar I think. Will drop a bit more. I know it was 30psi. Will drop to 1.9 and test.

What tire works on the ground conditions you describe above?

okay. thanks :thumbup:

Based on the same section of trail and the same type of riding. Rubber Queen worked better than the HD in that situation. Won't bank on it for other scenarios.