Bwahahahaha - Comrades Winner Tests Positive

TNT1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume he will claim ignorance, although by all accounts he is a well educated chap, so the ignorance card can not be played.

Little chip on the shoulder there?

No chance. I ate all the chips years ago.

Is there a link besides a Tweet where one can get the full story? Which substance? Was the B sample tested yet? Is the athlete contesting the ruling?

Hopefully not a repeat of the Caster Semenya debacle...

I assume he will claim ignorance, although by all accounts he is a well educated chap, so the ignorance card can not be played.

Actually there is far more to it than just the individual. These chaps do not act in isolation, they have teams around them and trainers. Yeah, he could have been sneaking it on the side but the more likely explanation is either that it was a team effort (unlikely) or one of those situations where he had some cough medicine or the like and tested positive (no excuse really).

I can see race being brought into this one pretty quick, when it comes to giving up the winnings and title. Lets see.

You just did :P

Is there a link besides a Tweet where one can get the full story? Which substance? Was the B sample tested yet? Is the athlete contesting the ruling?

Hopefully not a repeat of the Caster Semenya debacle...

Only a few tweets on Twitter thus far. The new form of journalism. Desperation to break a story first without all the details and facts.

Only a few tweets on Twitter thus far. The new form of journalism. Desperation to break a story first without all the details and facts.

Yeah ,I saw a tweet this morning that said klinzetaye will win the TDF.

Are you implying that cyclists are poorly educated?

Ya, just now a tweet from Sky news, telling us of a tweet they received of the earthquake in Melbourne. Although that one I've seen pics of, and spoken to mates in Oz, and it really happened.

Edited by TNT1