Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

R1,950 including free fitment for the Cape Town guys. Or, for that matter, any one willing or able to pop in at our shop.

Your website says "The German designed and manufactured Forca".

So it's manufactured in Germany?

NOVYPARTS RAISES THE BAR WITH NEW REMOTE FOR ROCKSHOX REVERB DROPPER POSTS

http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/04/06/novyparts-raises-the-bar-with-new-remote-for-rockshox-reverb-dropper-posts/

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Novy-Parts-rockshox-reverb-seat-post-remote-control-1-600x398.jpg

Iwan, any idea if this will work with a Giant Contact Switch dropper?

For that matter, will a reverb remote work on the Giant dropper?

Nevermind, see it's hydraulic only, and at close to R1500 it is riciculously priced!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

R1,950 including free fitment for the Cape Town guys. Or, for that matter, any one willing or able to pop in at our shop.

I'm REALLY in the market for one of these..price is great as well!

Does Anyone have some feedback / experience with the Forca (non hydraulic) system,?

My reasoning  - it seems a very simple design and easy to maintain...i.e. no leaks; no seals etc.

Does Anyone have some feedback / experience with the Forca (non hydraulic) system,?

My reasoning  - it seems a very simple design and easy to maintain...i.e. no leaks; no seals etc.

I have one similar (the lever and lockpin mechanism are different though).

Once you get used to weighting the saddle to operate it works very well, simple 3 positions, easy to service.

Also comes in 27.2mm, so it's on my steel AM singlespeed

Been meaning to look into retrofitting it with a gas cartridge, just haven't got round to it

What's the expected price of a Reverb in SA? I'm looking at getting a short dropper for my bike (30.9mm).
100mm drop and short insert, no more than around 18/19cm. The reverb 355/100 fits the bill perfectly.

Edited by NukeproofPeanut

Iwan, any idea if this will work with a Giant Contact Switch dropper?

For that matter, will a reverb remote work on the Giant dropper?

Nevermind, see it's hydraulic only, and at close to R1500 it is riciculously priced!!

Good chat!  :thumbup:

Nick has been running one on his bike and will have his initial impressions up soon. 

What's the expected price of a Reverb in SA? I'm looking at getting a short dropper for my bike (30.9mm).

100mm drop and short insert, no more than around 18/19cm. The reverb 355/100 fits the bill perfectly.

Look on evobikes.com for a deal. They, like most cycling kit, have become quite expensive. Also, 100mm drop is imported on order only last time I checked.

Quickest, cheapest option will be a 110mm Forca.

Your website says "The German designed and manufactured Forca".

So it's manufactured in Germany?

That should read designed and assembled in Germany. We will update our website. Sorry for the confusion. We have sold several and bar a set up issue with one of the firsts they have been reliable.