Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

Is that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Ok so this is the message Enticement sent me

Dear Aldo, my last email to you requested that you only pay for the set-up as you have already paid for the week 1-4 of 12 weeks coaching. I then sent you a credit note for the amount already invoiced for week 5-12 and I added an invoice for just the set-up. You decided to pay the full amount?!

You have never even remotely followed the program or given feedback regarding the suitability, or have sent me a filled-out logbook. Bearing in mind that the questionnaire and the logbook are the only "crystal balls" I have for a start, and as I explicitly explained to you, your 1st 4 weeks serve as "finding our feet".

Come on, be fair ...

So you saying you never sent me a mail stating that I would need to pay the R1600 balance?

Bottom line is I believed this was going to be coaching, like meet up once maybe twice a week do specific training rides etc. When I came to fountains to meet you I thought we'd go through some technical aspects of single track riding.... But instead I just did my laps alone...

So honestly with this coaching I would give you feedback from the program you mailed me of which days to run and cycle and you would then what, alter the following months program? I just really though for R800 per month it would be way more hands on and not correspondence....

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so this is the message Enticement sent me

Dear Aldo, my last email to you requested that you only pay for the set-up as you have already paid for the week 1-4 of 12 weeks coaching. I then sent you a credit note for the amount already invoiced for week 5-12 and I added an invoice for just the set-up. You decided to pay the full amount?!

You have never even remotely followed the program or given feedback regarding the suitability, or have sent me a filled-out logbook. Bearing in mind that the questionnaire and the logbook are the only "crystal balls" I have for a start, and as I explicitly explained to you, your 1st 4 weeks serve as "finding our feet".

Come on, be fair ...

So you saying you never sent me a mail stating that I would need to pay the R1600 balance?

Bottom line is I believed this was going to be coaching, like meet up once maybe twice a week do specific training rides etc. When I came to fountains to meet you I thought we'd go through some technical aspects of single track riding.... But instead I just did my laps alone...

So honestly with this coaching I would give you feedback from the program you mailed me of which days to run and cycle and you would then what, alter the following months program? I just really though for R800 per month it would be way more hands on and not correspondence....

So the "program" literally states cycle 90min....or jog 60min. No mention of intensity? power zones? goal cts scores?

Or maybe enticement can clear this up, because for 800 zars a month with a 3 month contract, I will be fuming if this is all I got

Edited by rouxtjie

No I'll be fair the program does state some levels of some sort... Just feel there should be mention that you technically buying a programe like a 'fit track'

If my understanding of coaching was incorrect then by all means I apologize and I did pay my fees...

Yup this is a touchy subject for me... Signed up with these guys for R800 per month for "Personalized training" received a mail with a questioner asking random basic questions like: Do you prefer longer rides over shorter ones? Rate your climbing strength on a scale of 1-10. Now if you answered say, I prefer shorter rides and 2 out of 10 on climb strength you then receive a well informed email stating that "you need to work on your endurance and your climbing abilities" very insightful....

"We follow an anticipatory response coaching model aimed at determining your goal and then your current state of conditioning with respect to that"

So then does 'anticipatory response coaching model' mean questionnaire? Just trying to expand my vocabulary to epic standards here.

No I'll be fair the program does state some levels of some sort... Just feel there should be mention that you technically buying a programe like a 'fit track'

If my understanding of coaching was incorrect then by all means I apologize and I did pay my fees...

No hold your horse(this is thehub, we are judge...jury and executioner), I don't think your expectation was managed to be honest. My idea of coaching is constant feedback on my progress with the "coach" analyzing my training sessions with profesional tools on a weekly basis. Otherwise I can just download a program of the web....google is your friend, and go for diy approach because that is what you are getting anyway.

Giving me

Warmup 10min at 60% of max

Interval 1: Cycle at 75-80% of max for 6 min...rest 30 sec between each set...do 5 sets

Interval 2 Cycle at 85-95% of max for 1 min...rest 20 sec between each set...do 5 sets

Cooldown 10min at 60 % of max

Stretch

Wont cut it for R800 a month fixed to a contract for three months.

...like a boss!

Rouxtjie you can tell I like the video right?

It's my favourite at the moment...as well as gangnum style....freakin awesome

Enticement I will save you the trouble

:offtopic:

Eldron's 2c and he has loads of cents (but not much sense)...

As a rule I don't enjoy people who use market speak - in my experience they're either trying to fluff their ego or over value their product.

I have a running coach who for R200/month draws up individual programmes for around 50 people, take times personally at the track 6 days a week, makes changes where necessary and upgrades our ratings (based on our times) daily.

He uses phrases I can understand like "harden the flubber up" not Enticement style "you are performing suboptimally and based on our dynamic individuallised periodisation sequence you should broaden the boundaries of your internal fitness loading characteristics".

If when I get the opportunity to do the Epic one day, I would dig out my copy of the Mountain Bikers Training Bible by Joe Friel, and pay myself R800-00 per month towards gear, supplements etc. sounds like a good plan ja? Should get one to do the Epic (thanks to Rouxtjie) like a boss! :whistling:

It's my favourite at the moment...as well as gangnum style....freakin awesome

Enticement I will save you the trouble

:offtopic:

:offtopic: I am so doing that dance as my victory dance at 3 towers after crossing the finishing line every day!

Thinking about PROPER coaches for a minute here....

Wonder what Jeroen Swart/Robbie Mac is charging per month?

Is this :offtopic: perhaps?

Thinking about PROPER coaches for a minute here....

Wonder what Jeroen Swart/Robbie Mac is charging per month?

I just checked quickly on Gary Beneke's site - R4000 for the premium 12 month package:

Designed for the serious cyclist who wants the best results and who wishes to track his/her progress constantly.

• 4 x tests/retests/assessments throughout the year.

• Constant resetting of training programs.

• Ongoing consultation and queries/problem solving.