SA Ladies Cycling Team to NZ....Whats goi

Johnny B

People can get so personal ..... the initial question was valid; it was no personal attack on Chrissie Viljoen (the way I see it) and yet people come and wash their laundry here on the hub ... Ag sies man!! We are all human and we have difference in opinions' date=' beliefs etc. but if we do not respect each other we will always fight .... People that are disrespectful to each other says alot about their self esteem and image in life, irrespective whether u a good cyclist or not!!!! Just remember that the wheel turns and even if you feel that you are untouchable ... GOD has the final say!!

Just my 5 cents worth ...
[/quote']

huh?

ok so hoe het hierdie lys met "name" uitgekom as dit verkeerd was....dit klink nes Jake White se span wat announce was met Luke Watson se naam op....

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish..waaroor gaan die thread? TCS se stink wasgoed of Jake White se swak span keuses?

Soos kots in 'n tumble dryer...Dead

People can get so personal ..... the initial question was valid; it was no personal attack on Chrissie Viljoen (the way I see it) and yet people come and wash their laundry here on the hub ... Ag sies man!! We are all human and we have difference in opinions' date=' beliefs etc. but if we do not respect each other we will always fight .... People that are disrespectful to each other says alot about their self esteem and image in life, irrespective whether u a good cyclist or not!!!! Just remember that the wheel turns and even if you feel that you are untouchable ... GOD has the final say!!

Just my 5 cents worth ...
[/quote'] Well said mate!! The thing I find is that you can have an opinion but God help you if it deviates from the "general consensus"!! Remember the guy who dared to mention that he had bad service from Westdene cycles?? Well for sharing his views he got flayed alive!!! So much for opinions!!! Delgado2008-01-17 04:52:55

Okay Amoryn ... let me clear up my post .... I have no issue with people questioning ... I do have an issue with males attacking females on the hub!!! so I am actually on yr side; not the questions you asking but the way some hubbers are attacking u!

It appears that some hubbers are so biased when it comes to specific names of individuals; they would either defend the person or attack the person ... Interesting that no comments were made around "Princess"??

Hey Delgado - lucky I do not have an 'onion' Wink so am saved from the flaying!

You both have an onion, me, eTwerp!!!!

opinie op die hub..wats dit?

so back to the question....wie het die "verkeerde" lys gedistribute...?

Okay Amoryn ... let me clear up my post .... I have no issue with people questioning ... I do have an issue with males attacking females on the hub!!! so I am actually on yr side; not the questions you asking but the way some hubbers are attacking u!

It appears that some hubbers are so biased when it comes to specific names of individuals; they would either defend the person or attack the person ... Interesting that no comments were made around "Princess"??

Well put, too many hotheads, they should rather go to this site with insults

no but that was the point I was trying to make..whenever I mention a certain name, I am attacked for being suurdruiwe..what what...

I just think they should stop looking at the "old, retired" ladies and look at our future stars....Robyn de Groot (and no, I am not friends with her) is riding very well at the moment but doesn't get any recognition..look at Arien...they are the future..why waste time with 40year old cyclists? Just a question (which I most probably will get flacked for again)

Robyn de Groot (and no' date=' I am not friends with her) is riding very well at the moment but doesn't get any recognition...
[/quote']

Oh, and here's my opinion, Robyn might not be the best pound for pound rider out there but boy is she a gutsy rider, gets my vote hands down!!! Clap

no but that was the point I was trying to make..whenever I mention a certain name' date=' I am attacked for being suurdruiwe..what what...

I just think they should stop looking at the "old, retired" ladies and look at our future stars....Robyn de Groot (and no, I am not friends with her) is riding very well at the moment but doesn't get any recognition..look at Arien...they are the future..why waste time with 40year old cyclists? Just a question (which I most probably will get flacked for again)
[/quote']

I am with you on this Amroyns , who is the future of SA ladies riding?? Princess se %^& , the future is the young riders that are performing:

Robyn, An-li,Cherise,Arien,Yolandi.etc. Is it sour grapes if I also complain at the teams that get selected?

Wake up selectors your coffee is getting cold. Angry

opinie op die hub..wats dit?

so back to the question....wie het die "verkeerde" lys gedistribute...?

It wasn't me, honest your honour  Ouch<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

no but that was the point I was trying to make..whenever I mention a certain name' date=' I am attacked for being suurdruiwe..what what...

[/quote']

I am with you on this Amroyns , who is the future of SA ladies riding?? Princess se %^& , the future is the young riders that are performing:

Robyn, An-li,Cherise,Arien,Yolandi.etc. Is it sour grapes if I also complain at the teams that get selected?

Wake up selectors your coffee is getting cold. Angry

I am really impressed with Robyn as she has gone from a good rider to even better being the workhorse for Anriette....I actually think if a team had to work for her she would win quite a number of races

So.....glad Klapperknop could through in his 2c.  Nice to see him waking up 3 days later.   Welcome dude! ClapWinkTongue

Like all the other posts..........always entertaining!!!  LOL

So....let us try stay with the topic..........so...seeing that we have such experts on here and people in the know........

If YOU had a say.......what would change to this now "incorrect?" list?

Marissa Van der Merwe
Chrissie Viljoen
Cherise Taylor
Anriette Schoeman
Lynette Burger
Yolandi du Toit

I think we can safely say that NO team in the history of SPORT have been selected on merit.  Period.  There will always be one or two that the selectors chose that are not neceserely the best at the time.

So....what would change?

Merissa......I think she is in good form.  She has good knowledge that she will be able to give to the team.

Chrissie.  Old work horse.  Good climber.  (I don't know the route in NZ, so I don't know if this will be to the good of the team to have a climber in??)  Also very experienced and will be willing to share her knowledge.

Cherise......Well.  She is in the best form of her life and should CSA play their cards right she will be able to give us a medal at the olimpics....so the more experience she pics up now, the better?

Princess Anriette.  Think she has good entertainment value....Big%20smile  OK....grappie.  Also thinks she is in good form.  Good sprinter and could alse share some experience?

Lynette and Yolandi I have no idea about so I cannot comment.  Yolandi is still young and also a future star of SA cycling.....so the more experience now, the better her chances in 2 or 4 years time.

WHO ELSE????  (I have asked this before.....but people get stuck on sh*t...)

Arien I hear?  Why?  (Don't know her and don't know what form she is in....what will she be able to bring to the team that will be better than the  selected?)

Luzanne?  Don't know.....the girls above have pedigree......don't know Luzanne.......maybe someone can tell us what will her strong points be??

Mev de Groot?  What does she offer more than the above??

Who else??

once again....bringing in future stars...not the golden oldies.....hel ons is nerens op die wereldranglys nie en het dus niks om te verloor om jong span te stuur....