Flu

Kranswurm

It also got me a month ago, right in the heart of a very important Trans Baviaans training block. Did 12x hill repears the Tuesday morning and a 75km MTB outride that night. Wednesday morning I got up, dressed and ready to go out the door. Hey.... this tickle in the throat doesn't feel too lekker. Wednesday night, man down. Smashed for 10 days. Never had such a sore throat in my life. What gave me some relief was a mug of boiling water, squirt a fat wad of honey into it, as well as 2-3 squeezed of Lemon juice, like Brooks. Then drop a Corenza or Fluson fizzy into it.

Boil up water ,fresh lemon juice and pepper in a pot.Drink as hot as possible and store in the fridge and heat up whenever

I was fine until I went to Cape Town 2 weeks ago and my sister was a sick as hell.Gave it to me,then the ex etc etc.My son will kill me if he gets it because of his training.

Oh man this thread is not filling me with confidence. I have presented with a running nose and slight cough this morning. And I got the lowveld tour next week!!!

I'm just praying its a cold and not this super flu.

Do you drink any vitamins etc?

Have not been sick in years. Cant remember the last time I was at a Dr for anything.

While others around me cough and snot all over the place.

Count myself lucky..

Do you drink any vitamins etc?

I take losts of vitamins but get something(flu/cold) every year mention this to the dr about the "extra vits" i am taking and his response was " now does that proof a point or what?" So now i am very confused ........ :wacko: :blink: :wacko:

I take losts of vitamins but get something(flu/cold) every year mention this to the dr about the "extra vits" i am taking and his response was " now does that proof a point or what?" So now i am very confused ........ :wacko: :blink: :wacko:

Just to give you an idea, the 15mg of vitamin C in an apple is more immune boosting than a 1500mg vitamin C supplement! So basically multi vitamins = good way to p*ss out money...

...........the 15mg of vitamin C in an apple is more immune boosting than a 1500mg vitamin C supplement!........

Are there any good studies proving this? I agree that a balanced diet is preferable, but wonder if the quote about multivitamins it is just a thumbsuck or real science.

Also had the worst flu in years this june.

Take a multivitamine And eat loads of fruit is the way i see it.

I has it now too :(

It doesn't help that the wife has it and probably infected me....... she's pretty much down and out.

Are there any good studies proving this? I agree that a balanced diet is preferable, but wonder if the quote about multivitamins it is just a thumbsuck or real science.

I can't give you any reference's but it's amazing what some research can do... I believe it comes down to what they put into the multi vitamins , in 'most' cases the minerals are not in a form that your body can use; so the body has to convert/modify it repetitively until it can be absorbed which takes time and a process where the modifying can go wrong thus the body absorbs the incorrect form, if that is the case (from what I understand.) Where as with fruit and veg, all the minerals are already in the "correct" form and easily absorbed. I read the other day that all diseases or illnesses can be traced back to some form of mineral deficiency. So a balanced diet is the way.

Bear in mind that I'm just a schmuck on the interweb. ;)

I must just admit that I am also sitting with the flu as of this yesterday morning.

EDIT: This is the case when it comes to vitamin specific supplements, eg. the Vitamin C 1500mg supplement because that isn't the vitamins natural form...

Edited by Helpmytrap