Flu

Kranswurm

Been down the whole week with flu.Worst in years :cursing:

Was hoping to go down to the Groot Marico race 2morrow but that's not going to happen

Make that 2 of us. I have already entered a 60km mtb race tomorrow, and now i am sick, dammit. Damn u Flu Vaccination. Did not Help at all!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

This year sure was worse than most other years. Not sure why. Took me 3 weeks to recover and over R1000 in meds.

Not cool.

It seems like its getting worse and worse every year. And i guess the Pharmacies and Doctors like's it allot.

Have not been sick in years. Cant remember the last time I was at a Dr for anything.

While others around me cough and snot all over the place.

Count myself lucky..

Eveyone I know that had flu this winter has it for more than a week

I was also down and out for a good 10 days a couple of weeks ago, after a flu shot!

I just wish people that are sick would stay home and not come in and make the rest of us sick as well!

Have not been sick in years. Cant remember the last time I was at a Dr for anything.

While others around me cough and snot all over the place.

Count myself lucky..

Do you drink any vitamins etc?

Nope.

Lots of fresh fruit and veg. Regular exercise. Odd glass o wine and beer.

Guess my immune system has been built up nice and strong over the years

This year sure was worse than most other years. Not sure why. Took me 3 weeks to recover and over R1000 in meds.

Not cool.

This year I also had the worst flu I can remember, mine still comes and go,

It also got me a month ago, right in the heart of a very important Trans Baviaans training block. Did 12x hill repears the Tuesday morning and a 75km MTB outride that night. Wednesday morning I got up, dressed and ready to go out the door. Hey.... this tickle in the throat doesn't feel too lekker. Wednesday night, man down. Smashed for 10 days. Never had such a sore throat in my life. What gave me some relief was a mug of boiling water, squirt a fat wad of honey into it, as well as 2-3 squeezed of Lemon juice, like Brooks. Then drop a Corenza or Fluson fizzy into it.

had similar issues 4 times in 7 months then had a beriglobin injection. Since then the GF has had twice nearly everyone in the office around me has been off work, so far touch wood been 5 months and still going strong no flu

This year sure was worse than most other years. Not sure why. Took me 3 weeks to recover and over R1000 in meds. Not cool.

R1500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To prevent flu: Skip the damn worthless vacs!

Take a teaspoon of ceyenne pepper (not heaped, but if you want to it's ok -go ahead. It won't harm you. OK maybe :cursing: ) & mix in a 1/4 glass of water. Stir & sip straight away. Keep a coffee next to you or tea , coke, whatever.

Also eat lots of garlic.

Be careful not to touch your face too often. Esp. at he work place where everyone snots etc. Think it's been said that a person touches his/her face about 2000 - 3 000 times a day... just imagine where those hands have been & what they've touched :whistling:

Get better soon :clap:

My secret is to drink orange juice every day & it seems to work for the most part.....its those late nights out having a few to many that seems to take the immune system by suprise.