FUTURE LIFE

chris_w_65

I only eat Futurelife, reason being, you make it with just a cup of cold water....so I save on milk, its Lo GI, it is filling, taste super awesome....so for me I love it as it saves a lot of time!

Edited by MTB_Roadie

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You seriously weigh your meals? FFS! Life is too short.

I know how much stuff weighs by looking at the size of the portion. I did weigh everything for a while, it helped me lose 30kg and that is after people said I would put on weight if I stopped smoking.

I think I paid about R24 for my Futurelife about a week ago, and that was R2 cheaper than Pronutro. That's at Pick 'n Pay.

It used to be quite cheap before it got popular. Started at about R22 two years ago and has gone up to about R29 now. But everything else has also become more expensive.

If I go for an early morning ride I prefer Future life as it's not too heavy on the stomach and seems to provide good energy levels.

I know how much stuff weighs by looking at the size of the portion. I did weigh everything for a while, it helped me lose 30kg and that is after people said I would put on weight if I stopped smoking.

Where the before & after pics :)

Where the before & after pics :)

Here is about 4 weeks in, probably 92kg in this pic

I will have to get someone to take an "After" pick

post-18048-0-56736700-1303117717.jpg

I met chris a couple weeks back and he is half the size of this guy in pic

Well done chris

:clap:

Here is about 4 weeks in, probably 92kg in this pic

I will have to get someone to take an "After" pick

I miss that bike

future life tastes great, but when I have it for breakfast (which is most days, due to the morning rush), I find that by 9:30/10am I'm starving again. Something like weetbix is way more sustaining.

Future Life is a Low GI (glycemic index) product at a GI of 50 (the pack says 55, but that is just the logo GI Science Lab uses to prove that it has been tested and is indeed low GI). Something interesting that i was discussing with some clients the other day is that the original Weetbix has a GI of 70 (high)and the Salt&Sugar free Weetbix has a GI of 78. Theoretically, based on the high GI of Weetbix, it would satisfy you for only an hour or so and then you would feel hungry again. Depending on what you eat your Future Life (and for that matter any carbohydrate) with the GI can drop a certain amount. For example if you eat Future Life with water then the GI stays at 50, but when you eat it with full cream milk the GI will drop a little and therefore should keep you fuller for longer. Therefore protein, fat and most other LOW GI foods actually slow the digestive process and this lowers the glycemic response that a higher GI carbohydrate would normally have.

So my feeling is that you may not be eating enough Future Life to sustain your (what sounds to be) fast metabolism. Having a slightly larger portion and may help, and do this daily until you feel you getting in what satisfies you. And what also helps some people is having Future Life as a porridge instead of a shake. The fluid volume of the shake may make you feel full without necessarily providing you the calories to keep you satisfied for 2-3 hours. Eating Future Life as a porridge may provide you with the calories in a smaller volume and thus give you satiety for longer!

The other thing that may be a factor is if you are training more (and/or have more stress) than you did when you felt satisfied on Weetbix? - this means your body needs more calories to meet the demands and this can too be sorted by increasing your portion size.

Hope that helps! :)

BTW - did you know you can drop the GI of pizza by having an Appeltiser with it! :thumbup:

BTW - did you know you can drop the GI of pizza by having an Appeltiser with it! :thumbup:

anything for beer? :rolleyes:

anything for beer? :rolleyes:

If you make your Futurelife with beer it will provide you with more calories than it would with water. Not so much if you use Windhoek Light.

If you make your Futurelife with beer it will provide you with more calories than it would with water. Not so much if you use Windhoek Light.

fanks...good enough for me

PS Windhoek light is not a beer...it's perrepis

Future Life is a Low GI (glycemic index) product at a GI of 50 (the pack says 55, but that is just the logo GI Science Lab uses to prove that it has been tested and is indeed low GI). Something interesting that i was discussing with some clients the other day is that the original Weetbix has a GI of 70 (high)and the Salt&Sugar free Weetbix has a GI of 78. Theoretically, based on the high GI of Weetbix, it would satisfy you for only an hour or so and then you would feel hungry again. Depending on what you eat your Future Life (and for that matter any carbohydrate) with the GI can drop a certain amount. For example if you eat Future Life with water then the GI stays at 50, but when you eat it with full cream milk the GI will drop a little and therefore should keep you fuller for longer. Therefore protein, fat and most other LOW GI foods actually slow the digestive process and this lowers the glycemic response that a higher GI carbohydrate would normally have.

So my feeling is that you may not be eating enough Future Life to sustain your (what sounds to be) fast metabolism. Having a slightly larger portion and may help, and do this daily until you feel you getting in what satisfies you. And what also helps some people is having Future Life as a porridge instead of a shake. The fluid volume of the shake may make you feel full without necessarily providing you the calories to keep you satisfied for 2-3 hours. Eating Future Life as a porridge may provide you with the calories in a smaller volume and thus give you satiety for longer!

The other thing that may be a factor is if you are training more (and/or have more stress) than you did when you felt satisfied on Weetbix? - this means your body needs more calories to meet the demands and this can too be sorted by increasing your portion size.

Hope that helps! :)

Interesting info! I do not add sugar when eating future life, it's already sweet enough as is, but I guess with sugar added it will also mess up the GI?

How much for the bike? Will you sell the wheels separate? Why you selling? Where's the couch? What size is the frame?

How much for the bike? Will you sell the wheels separate? Why you selling? Where's the couch? What size is the frame?

Already sold but here is the pic

post-18048-0-42751900-1303146645.jpg