FUTURE LIFE

chris_w_65

Anybody know how much this stuff sells for? I just tried a sample I had lying in my cupboard and it is pretty yummy

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I checked, you can pay anything from R25-99 to R35-00 for a 500gram package.

Think it would be great if they start to sell 1KG packages.

Anybody know how much this stuff sells for? I just tried a sample I had lying in my cupboard and it is pretty yummy

OK, found it on Pick n Pay Online Shopping - R29.59

Last I checked, you can pay anything from R25-99 to R35-00 for a 500gram package.

Think it would be great if they start to sell 1KG packages.

Yes, maybe the price would drop on 1kg. R30.00 for 500g sounds expensive

That is why I stopped using the product (I use it after a run most of the time). It really feels a bit expensive to me, but the price of all items are rising. And not being a instant meal fan, I don't really know how the price compares to the rest of the products in the market place these days

80g Future Life would cost R4.80

80g oats costs R1.50. I eat the oats with 200g fat free yoghurt which costs R4.20 so the total is R570.00

Future life not looking so expensive now

future life tastes great, but when I have it for breakfast (which is most days, due to the morning rush), I find that by 9:30/10am I'm starving again. Something like weetbix is way more sustaining.

Thats pretty much what you pay nowdays for any 500g cereal :( I use a bit of Future Life and then add extra muesli, bananas, raisens & honey.

future life tastes great, but when I have it for breakfast (which is most days, due to the morning rush), I find that by 9:30/10am I'm starving again. Something like weetbix is way more sustaining.

I try to split my breakfast - I have 40g oats with 100g yoghurt at 7am and then 2x Weetbix with 100g yoghurt at 9am

If I am going cycling then I eat a full breakfast before I leave - 80g oats with 200g yogurt. When I get back I have a protein shake or I would never make it to lunch time.

Strange that, it is marketed as low GI so it should actually be the opposite.

Thats pretty much what you pay nowdays for any 500g cereal :( I use a bit of Future Life and then add extra muesli, bananas, raisens & honey.

1kg oats = R18.99

Edited by chris_w_65

1kg oats = R18.99

I knew you were gonna say that(damn oats) :lol: . Im talking your good mueslis & Natures source stuff.

I knew you were gonna say that(damn oats) :lol: . Im talking your good mueslis & Natures source stuff.

Jungle Energy Crunch is also yummy, it is the Jungle Oats version of muesli. Comes in about 5 flavours. Choice of 750g or 1kg value pack

Weetbix is also well priced at R16 - R18/kg depending on the quantity you buy

Edited by chris_w_65

I though weetbix was good, but after eating it was hungry again and hour later.

Speaking to a dietician, she said that weetbix is one of the quickest things to digest and that I should rather have things like oats etc.

An interesting thing with the oats though, you must not have the instant ones. Buy the ones you have to cook, but instead of cooking them, put boiling water in and leave for 20 minutes. This will make it slower to digest and will keep your energy levels more constant.

Future life is delicious and is no more expensive than buying pronutro etc. Plus, its great for those that are lactose intolerant as it tastes good with just water.

I try to split my breakfast - I have 40g oats with 100g yoghurt at 7am and then 2x Weetbix with 100g yoghurt at 9am

If I am going cycling then I eat a full breakfast before I leave - 80g oats with 200g yogurt. When I get back I have a protein shake or I would never make it to lunch time.

You seriously weigh your meals? FFS! Life is too short.