Anyone know the price and the weight of Pronutro? Futurelife is R30.00 for 500g

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to give pronutro a try

Just remember, like concrete, a bowl of Pronutro needs to be consumed before it sets.

Pick n Pay website says a R68/1.5kg pack of Pronutro - about enough to build a small brick pedestal.

I am going to give pronutro a try

Sorry can't help on the price - but do have a look at the suggested portion sizes (or how much you need to eat of each to be satisfied) as that can also contribute to price difference in the end.

My only advice for Pronutro is to try and go for a whole grain one with little added sugar.

Just remember, like concrete, a bowl of Pronutro needs to be consumed before it sets.

Pick n Pay website says a R68/1.5kg pack of Pronutro - about enough to build a small brick pedestal.

I thought it would be cheaper

Bokomo oats is R20/kg and for a while the boxes were 1.2kg

According to PnP online shopping: Future Life R29.59/500g box (R59.18/kg)

Pronutro R24.99/500g box (R49.98/kg) - it gets cheaper the more you buy (R45.06/kg for 1.5kg)

I'm really wondering how the portion sizes relate...

I thought it would be cheaper

Bokomo oats is R20/kg and for a while the boxes were 1.2kg

What is cheaper is Morvite (R11.59/kg!) - has similar composition as Pronutro, but I found that it didn't sustain me due to the sugar content :thumbdown:

According to PnP online shopping: Future Life R29.59/500g box (R59.18/kg)

Pronutro R24.99/500g box (R49.98/kg) - it gets cheaper the more you buy (R45.06/kg for 1.5kg)

I'm really wondering how the portion sizes relate...

From the Trainingpeaks site:

post-2030-0-88660200-1313401702.png

post-2030-0-97173500-1313402826.png

I don't think the micronutrients for Futurelife are right. Looks like they've entered absolute values instead of percentages. Pronutro is 100% correct.

I've added a corrected Futurelife.

Edited by Edman

From the Trainingpeaks site:

post-2030-0-88660200-1313401702.png

I don't think the micronutrients for Futurelife are right. Looks like they've entered absolute values instead of percentages. Pronutro is 100% correct.

wow what a breakdown! :eek:

and all I wanted to know was if it is equally filling :lol:

I'm a wee tad sceptical about the amount of vits in the Futurelife - kinda like is it REALLY necessary?

for now I prefer the taste compared to Pronutro though :)

Oats is 390 calories/100g and Weetbix is 320 Calories/100g

Every morning I have 40g of each with 125ml fat free yogurt each and that is 390 calories in total

Edited by chris_w_65

• 2 weeks later...

19.99 for 500g at Checkers willowbridge (Cape Town). Cheaper than the Pronutro at that store...

post-26499-0-34720500-1314186001.jpg

Damn good price there in Slaapstad. While you are out snapping, while shopping, why don't you start your own version of "The people of Walmart", and call it "Daar in die Spar?"

Damn good price there in Slaapstad. While you are out snapping, while shopping, why don't you start your own version of "The people of Walmart", and call it "Daar in die Spar?"

LOL - that would be amusing. Specially up north here. They don't hide us behind the boerewors curtain for nothing :blush:

What is cheaper is Morvite (R11.59/kg!) - has similar composition as Pronutro, but I found that it didn't sustain me due to the sugar content :thumbdown:

I tried Morvite Banana flavour... I had one bowl out of the bag and couldn't even finish that. Not even my dogs would eat it! Threw the rest away. Loving the Future Life! Being a Pronutro boy before that, it was a nice change. Oats and a banana on race day works for me (Add a teaspoon of peanut butter to your oats for a bit of flavour :thumbup: )

I tried Morvite Banana flavour... I had one bowl out of the bag and couldn't even finish that. Not even my dogs would eat it! Threw the rest away. Loving the Future Life! Being a Pronutro boy before that, it was a nice change. Oats and a banana on race day works for me (Add a teaspoon of peanut butter to your oats for a bit of flavour :thumbup: )

I make a point of avoiding anything Banana flavour, except for Bananas themselves. It just doesn't work :thumbdown:

While you are out snapping, while shopping, why don't you start your own version of "The people of Walmart", and call it "Daar in die Spar?"

Challenge accepted.

• 9 months later...