FUTURE LIFE

chris_w_65

Future Life is now R27.99 @ the local Spar, getting bloody expensive!

good marketting for a good product. Get you hooked - then up the price.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Future Life is now R27.99 @ the local Spar, getting bloody expensive!

I scrape the moss of my paving and add it to my oats, plenty cheap.

Def not at my local Pick a Pay. Will check checkers tonight. Wanted to try this for some time now.

I love pronutro but i feel bloated for hours afterwards. Does this have same effect?

Guest agteros

OWN OPINION:

The stuff tastes like instant porridge(Creamy meal stuff).... Leaves me no less hungry than Pro-Nutro or any other boxed breakfast.... Does not contain fibre, which MIGHT be a good thing as breakfast on race day in a deep, far, unserviced canyon, however fibre is preferred (even if it is only a little bit )

PERSONAL VERDICT: I'll stick to an unboxed, REAL, breakfast :)

I think it tastes shite! Tired it once...didn't like it...gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it at the 1/2 Ironman...still didn't like. Oats/toast and honey...rock on!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a box to try and little & littlest Hubbers love it so if only for them we will continue to purchase it. Its very sweet so no need for me to add Xylitol to it (I only use Xyliyol).

I like it but must say it tastes much better warm than cold (and I only eat cold porridge). I find the lower GI helps and going to only use this for the next month instead of Pronutro.

I also like the fact that we can mix it with either water or milk depending on our taste. So going to try this as a milkshake.

And for price, well it was a few cents cheaper than the 500g Pronutro, also since we will not be adding in Xylitol (we used sachets), this reduces the serving cost even more when compared to Pronutro.

Strange that, it is marketed as low GI so it should actually be the opposite.

it is the opposite for me. Future life keeps me full.

I was constantly hungry by 9/10 and didn't know why as I was eating 2 1/2 weetbix in the morning thinking it was "filling" stuff. When I told the nutritionist she explained that Weetbix is no low-gi and is digested quickly which is why I was hungry so soon after.

I LOVE Future Life !!! Especially as I'm lactose intolerent.

Def not at my local Pick a Pay. Will check checkers tonight. Wanted to try this for some time now.

I love pronutro but i feel bloated for hours afterwards. Does this have same effect?

I had the same problem with pronutro, but mostly because of the amount of milk it required.

Have NO bloating with future life.

• 1 month later...

I bought a box OF Future life this morning from sparkport pharmacy in durban for R21.90, why is there such a big diffrence from retailer to retailer?

future life tastes great, but when I have it for breakfast (which is most days, due to the morning rush), I find that by 9:30/10am I'm starving again. Something like weetbix is way more sustaining.

I guess it depends what time you have breakfast ;)

Besides, it's good to eat again around 10am - like a portion of fruit - just to keep your natural sugars up.

I eat half origional flavour and half chocolate flovour with some warm milk (or water if the milk at the office is sour :thumbdown: - but it still tastes great!) The origional flavour has "natural vanilla flavour" in it, whereas the chocolate one has cocoa in it - which I think is a better option than the "natural flavour" business.

I havn't had the bloated effect with Future Life, but my money for your bloated feeling would be on the milk :( which makes Future Life then also great for lactose intolerant people.

I cant take milk to I tried this Future life. It tastes great but I feel very hungry very quickly into my ride. And its expensive.

I cant take milk to I tried this Future life. It tastes great but I feel very hungry very quickly into my ride. And its expensive.

Its the same as normal cereal.

I also tried out future life. Especially as a low gi pre race meal. It tastes crap. Im going back to oats with a banana and the 1 bottle of 32GI 1hr before race. On that note....how low GI is pronutro compared to future life?