FUTURE LIFE

chris_w_65

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

am I the only one that thinks futurelife tastes like gritty tile grout? :blink:

sticking with slices of low gi bread and peanutbutter on race days, oats or a meal replacer shake during the week

I love the stuff. I find I eat a lot less of it than Pronuto for the same sustenance. So that is much less milk too and no sugar necessary as an added bonus.

I always have a mid morning small meal whether post ride or not so don't feel that it needs to carry me all the way to lunch.

Me too. Also love the stuff. Its my morning start up. I tried it with milk and found it too rich, so cold water does the job.

Chocolate 1st, Banana 2nd, Original 3rd.

A nice honey and vanilla flavour would work me thinks

future life tastes great, but when I have it for breakfast (which is most days, due to the morning rush), I find that by 9:30/10am I'm starving again. Something like weetbix is way more sustaining.

I tend to find the same thing although I do feel much less energetic throughout the day if I dont eat it. The difference for me is just scary.

Love the stuff, have it up to three times a day... yeah...

am I the only one that thinks futurelife tastes like gritty tile grout? :blink:

I am not sure I want to know how you found that out... :wacko:

Switched over from FurureLife to Jungle B-fast for everyday use. B-fast tastes better and is R22 for 450g vs R30 for 500g FurureLife.

• 4 weeks later...

anybody tried the new crunch? seems a good option for me since I detest the texture of future life... but is it still a good, low gi breakfast cereal, or has a lot of sugars and things been added?

I love it - but sometimes its hard to find it so buy in bulk whenever I see it!

As far as I know all the same low gi stuff - with some more fibre (so still use the smooth before a ride)

I could be mistaken but I looked at the nutritional values on both packs when crunch first came out. Firstly I don't think Crunch is Low GI,secondly I remember the sugar content being alot higher.

Best bet is to look on the nutrional values on both packs and you will be able to compare.

I could be mistaken but I looked at the nutritional values on both packs when crunch first came out. Firstly I don't think Crunch is Low GI,secondly I remember the sugar content being alot higher.

Best bet is to look on the nutrional values on both packs and you will be able to compare.

really? Will check it out have both packs at home...

really? Will check it out have both packs at home...

Plus the crunch is not Wheat/gluten free. Like the regular, so if you have an allergy read the label first as it has changed in the last two months.

Tried it - and didn't like it. Could not get it to taste good. Normal Futurelife works for me! Or Yoghurt and muesli. Or... hey, I'm not all that fussy, just could not get myself to like this.

I find that I am hungry sooner after eating crunch than the smooth for the same weight. But I like the taste.

I have a box here.

Haven't tried it.

Hope it's low GI.

If it's too much fibre, I won't use it before a ride...

Crunch was listed as a medium GI food on one website. I used to eat it, but only temporarily until Biogen started restocking their Energy Porridge. I think the Crunch tastes better than the original, but I wouldn't eat it if I had a choice.