FUTURE LIFE

chris_w_65

rather fattening :-( and little controversial as it contains genetically modufied maze...go and read the related topic somewhere found here on thehub

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chocolate flavor is good. Just mix with warm water mix thoroughly with spoon for a few secs and slurp away

Hi Guys and Girls

For those of you that know of this amazing product please can help me out by following them on Facebook amd twitter

http://www.facebook.com/futurelifeza

https://twitter.com/futurelifeza

Thanks for your time

Easy to eat before a race. but that is about all. mix it with a bit of sugar and milk and it your mouth tastes like a dog peed in it. Not as filling as I'd like before a race. Way too little fibre in it for me, just a bit will be fine!. Still prefer to race on a bowl of oats + coffee as breakfast (Ok, I do top up on th way to the event with a PowerBar snack.

Endurance or Accelerate?

Endurance? Just an expensive way to hit the waill in a race! Accelerate works well though, goes well with one or two PowerBar non-caffeinated gels!

rather fattening :-( and little controversial as it contains genetically modufied maze...go and read the related topic somewhere found here on thehub

ALL local maize is GMO'd :( So no mealie pap then either?

South African product too. Been using it for over a year since I got a sample in theBomb magazine way back when....

Was difficult tracking it down initially. Like the new strawberry flavour and find it does more than pronutro or other similar types of cereal. Mix it with banana, yoghurt, nuts, milk and vit C powder as a smoothie when the kids need a booster. Delicious!

Edited by Tubehunter

Love this stuff!!Eating it before a race and then use 32GI during the race.

Endurance or Accelerate?

The endurance.Never tried the accelerate before.We train for ultra marathons most of the time so our training rides is more or less 4 - 7 hours per ride.I have sustained energy throughout the ride.

For everyday use I have switched over to the cheaper Jungle B-Fast. On weekends I still use FutureLife before rides, but only to add some variety from the B-Fast. I mix both with vanilla Evox Leanpro. Leanpro is great stuff and not too expensive when bought in the big tub. B-Fast/Leanpro @ work, FutureLife/Leanpro @ home.

Easy to eat before a race. but that is about all. mix it with a bit of sugar and milk and it your mouth tastes like a dog peed in it. Not as filling as I'd like before a race. Way too little fibre in it for me, just a bit will be fine!. Still prefer to race on a bowl of oats + coffee as breakfast (Ok, I do top up on th way to the event with a PowerBar snack.

Endurance? Just an expensive way to hit the waill in a race! Accelerate works well though, goes well with one or two PowerBar non-caffeinated gels!

ALL local maize is GMO'd :( So no mealie pap then either?

Endurance....you're doing it wrong

An important thing to remember is that, if you leave the bowl unwashed, go away for a couple of days and then on your return try to scrape off the by now nicely cured stuff, you'll enter a world where terms like "Polyfilla", "Pratley Putty" or "the hardest substance known to man" become meaningless.

Aaah! Thats the job that was in one of the fun tours goodie bags. Still lying in my drawer at work. Shoulda maybe tried it!

Thanks. I always use the Endurance on 3 to 4 hour rides without problems. Was wondering how pairing it with Future Life would work.

90% of maize grown in SA is genetically modified. FutureLife now indicate that their product now may contain genetically modified maize and soy beans.

Just tried the new strawberry flavour and I think the chocolate flavour now has competition in our house. Thank goodness for the bulk packs - otherwise we'd be heading off to the shops almost weekly to restock ;)

Thanks. I always use the Endurance on 3 to 4 hour rides without problems. Was wondering how pairing it with Future Life would work.

It works great.With the low Gi energy meal and 32Gi that's also low GI.Ask M.D.W he knows everything concerning this

I tried it and didn't like the taste or the consistency. Back to muesli and yoghurt for me with some stewed fruit and on race days add a cuppa and a muffin.

I'm using it - difficult to know if it makes a difference or not but at least it's a good alternative to my regular pre-ride breakfasts