Post your Pyga

PYGA1

I'm 1.73m and 50mm stem with 765 mm bars is defo the sweet spot for me on the Medium OneTwenty (and on my old Spaz Enduro).

If you're that tall 760 may be a bit narrow. I had 780's but that was just ever so slightly uncomfortable.

The wider bar definitely makes the cockpit feel a little longer.

I missed how tall you are by the way?

My friend who's 1.95 swears by his 800 after coming from 640's he immediately wondered why he ever rode narrow bars.

1.98m... And feels like I have long arms. I have some Rapidé 780 bars I'm going to try first.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 1.83, on a large stage max. Running the Rapide 780mm bar and 70mm stem. Feels awesome! But I have long arms, like a circus monkey :)

I don't want to start a anti Spez rant, but if you look at the latest Tread mag reviews, there's a Stage alongside a Camber. Stage is R74 000 and the heavier Camber is R140 000. 

I've always liked the Camber, but who in their right mind would buy this bike, given what else is next to, and around?

If you look at what else is out there, the Stage/Max is an amazing deal for what it is.

Saw that and thought the exact same thing. Nothing against Spez just really think it highlights Pyga's value-for-money offering.

Still a couple of days. But today my Oneten took its place on the stand.

In order to get some work done and to stay away from the shop I am leaving Gauteng and rather spending a couple of days in Cape Town.

Riding it Saturday.

Very nice, you must be finding it difficult to focus on work.

Still a couple of days. But today my Oneten took its place on the stand.

In order to get some work done and to stay away from the shop I am leaving Gauteng and rather spending a couple of days in Cape Town.

Riding it Saturday.

Bring it to CT...we'll build it and ride it here

I took our Stage demo for a quick training ride this morning*. Damn, that is one fast machine. Felt like it helped me recover whenever I got tired without losing speed. It was slippery, muddy and wet out there on the Spruit but still managed to average over 20km/h - rocking the flats and baggies. :lol:

*Pascoe is in the paint shop for a colour upgrade  :w00t:

I took our Stage demo for a quick training ride this morning*. Damn, that is one fast machine. Felt like it helped me recover whenever I got tired without losing speed. It was slippery, muddy and wet out there on the Spruit but still managed to average over 20km/h - rocking the flats and baggies.[emoji38]

*Pascoe is in the paint shop for a colour upgrade :w00t:

Seriously, I can't emphasis it enough. These are game changers. Sure, I'm a little biased, but I just can't believe how good the bike is. (Stage MAX here)

I also meant to ask you, what bottle cages are you guys recommending for the top tube? I've tried the bontrager RL, and it throws bottles lime it's on purpose! My mate uses the spez side entry cage with great results, but it says Specialized on it! (I'm not that fussed about spez, but keen to hear other options....)

I haven't used mine yet... for obvious reason ;) but also got 2 side entry Spez cages

G

Seriously, I can't emphasis it enough. These are game changers. Sure, I'm a little biased, but I just can't believe how good the bike is. (Stage MAX here)

I also meant to ask you, what bottle cages are you guys recommending for the top tube? I've tried the bontrager RL, and it throws bottles lime it's on purpose! My mate uses the spez side entry cage with great results, but it says Specialized on it! (I'm not that fussed about spez, but keen to hear other options....)

We've got some Ryder partial side entry cages on the demo but I never use bottles so I don't know how well they hold them. We have advised clients to go for the Spez cages. One of the Stage owners told us he painted over the "S"  :ph34r: