Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Please help me.

What size rear shock should I be looking at for a replacement on my pyga Pascoe.

Eye to eye length.

Thanks

Nico

It's 200mm 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my second OneTwenty650B...

First one was a medium with a 60mm stem, this one is a Large with a 35mm stem.
First one had a 140 Rev, this one has a 150 Yari.

1x10 in stead of 2x10, WTB Asym i35 in stead of Stans XC rims (lol).
WTB tyres to match the WTB rims.

Procore because tyre pressures have always been the bane of my life - always either too hard or too soft! no sweet spot.

After taking this photo it has since been built up and had a shakedown ride at Wolwespruit. Bike is everything I hoped it would be, but I am particularly blown away by how amazing Procore is.

Not going to try to begin to explain how awesome it is. All I can say is that with 80psi in the core and ~18 in the tyre, going full blast through a patch of jagged rocks feels like a magic carpet ride.

Will post a photo of the built-up bike as soon as I've had a chance to take one.

Happy!

post-49790-0-14315400-1457423001_thumb.jpg

Procore because tyre pressures have always been the bane of my life - always either too hard or too soft! no sweet spot.

After taking this photo it has since been built up and had a shakedown ride at Wolwespruit. Bike is everything I hoped it would be, but I am particularly blown away by how amazing Procore is.

Not going to try to begin to explain how awesome it is. All I can say is that with 80psi in the core and ~18 in the tyre, going full blast through a patch of jagged rocks feels like a magic carpet ride.

Will post a photo of the built-up bike as soon as I've had a chance to take one.

Happy!

That. Looks. PIMP!!!!

How about a ride report for the ProCore? Really interested in it myself. 

Happy!

Where'd you get the 120 in that colour scheme? :|

Waiting for my replacement front triangle....sight...Been waiting since November ;(

Should be like the older Lyrik... Same internals, afaik. 

Without that charger bladder? Wonder how it is compared to the Rev?

Without that charger bladder? Wonder how it is compared to the Rev?

Yeah. Motion or Mission Control. Not Charger.

It's stiffer, for sure, cos it shares the chassis of the Lyrik - 35mm vs 32mm for the Rev.

(Dislaimer, below observations based on one ride only)

Procore: All I can say about it is that it is absolute magic. Reading on the internet people mostly emphasize the increased grip due to lower pressures, but for me that's just a bonus.
In addition:
1) locks the tyre in place
2) protects the rim when running low pressures
3) (most importantly) low pressures with a relatively low volume tyre gives perfect small bump compliance. A larger volume tyre at the same pressure (think fat bikes or plus sized tyres) would not have as good small bump compliance, and would be more "bouncy". The tyre/suspension system is a bunch of springs and dampers in series, and with procore in the loop, the suspension system and the ride quality overall is massively improved.

Yari: I have never owned a pike so can't compare. Although the Yari does not have the charger damper, RS states that the motion control damper has been updated to perform more like the charger damper. The Yari shares lowers with the Lyrik and such is both heavier and more rigid than Pike. The Yari also shares other improvements with the 2016 Lyrik and Pike, most notably upgraded SKF wiper and internal seals. For that reason alone I would not compare the Yari to the old Lyrik. It is the new Lyrik but with a "value" damper. 

BUT - all the above is completely moot, as the difference between the motion control and charger damper are mostly noticeable in terms of small bump compliance (afaik), and as I've said Procore takes care of small bump compliance 100%.

Therefore, in my armchair/keyboard/internet expert capacity, I have a hunch that if you're running procore you won't miss the charger damper at all. Especially taking into account that the Yari takes bottomless tokens and the spring curve can be tuned.

Procore is 100% unadulterated voodoo magic and you won't believe it until you ride it...

Colour scheme: Paint stripper, scotchbrite, elbow grease, and printed vinyls.

Is it a brushed alu finish? Looked a bit more like an almost dirty beige / camo look. I LIKE!!!

Sweet - agreed on the Yari being a budget lyrik, and on the new chassis & seals. Really intrigued with the procore... 

Just lightly brushed with scotchbrite to clean the frame after getting the paint off with chemical paint stripper. Definitely not an even or bright finish, but has a no-nonsense factory/prototype look to it that I like.

I also use the All Mountain frame guard. Expensive (if not bought on sale) but tough as hell...and looks pretty rad in my opinion if that's worth anything.

It looks great, and I actually think I recognise the bike. I rode with a guy at the coetzenburg pump track a few months back who was either you or a guy with an identical bike. Wouldn't be surprising if it was a stock bike but pyga only do frames. 

The attention to detail, the care that Grant takes when building a bike, it's amazing.

Build spec was me  :whistling:

G

Awesome that is one of the cleanest Stage builds I've seen to date! S&j keeping it classy

Please help me.

What size rear shock should I be looking at for a replacement on my pyga Pascoe.

Eye to eye length.

Thanks

Nico

Hi Nico, 

The eye to eye is 200mm and it has a 57mm stroke (200x57)

Just lightly brushed with scotchbrite to clean the frame after getting the paint off with chemical paint stripper. Definitely not an even or bright finish, but has a no-nonsense factory/prototype look to it that I like.

Pic of finished bike?