Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

minimal riding so far, but loving every second of it so far.

bike is clearly allot more capable that I will ever be.

G

Any Pyga Stage owners ,please give us some feedback on your new bikes ?

It looks great, and I actually think I recognise the bike. I rode with a guy at the coetzenburg pump track a few months back who was either you or a guy with an identical bike. Wouldn't be surprising if it was a stock bike but pyga only do frames.

Yeah I spent a lot of time there. Were you perhaps the guy who was waiting for his pascoe to arrive?

Brilliant bike! Got a brief post a few pages back on my experience so far. Very chuffed with it!

Tom

Yeah I spent a lot of time there. Were you perhaps the guy who was waiting for his pascoe to arrive?

Ja that was me. The pascoe arrived and I love it. I did have to spend 3 months just looking at it though because 1 week into owning it I managed to run out of talent on a gap jump and separated my shoulder pretty badly. But back and riding again, so I'm sure we'll cross paths! 

Ja that was me. The pascoe arrived and I love it. I did have to spend 3 months just looking at it though because 1 week into owning it I managed to run out of talent on a gap jump and separated my shoulder pretty badly. But back and riding again, so I'm sure we'll cross paths! 

There should be a "Pyga owners with separated shoulders" group on Bikehub. Reckon quite a few of us have run out of talent at some point.

There should be a "Pyga owners with separated shoulders" group on Bikehub. Reckon quite a few of us have run out of talent at some point.

Natural order of things trying to find the limits of a bike that almost doesn't have any. [emoji12]

Hahahaha. Glad to hear I'm not alone. That injury is a bit of a game-changer. Previously all the falls I'd had just resulted in grazes and bruises so I had come to think that this was all that would happen if I tried something beyond my skill level. "It wont be that bad if I fall..". No. It will be much worse. 

I sold my Epic and bought a Stage a few months ago, what an awesome change for me. Make no mistake, I loved my Epic but I am 91kg's and now feel that it was not the right choice for me. I climb faster with the Stage and downhill well the only problem on the stage is trying to keep my mouth closed to stop any bugs going in because I have such a moerse smile on my face. It only has a SID XX 120mm fork but the amount of travel compared to my old 100mm is hard to believe and the Monarch XX on the rear is the same, fikkin awesome bike

Common denominator is a Pyga, just saying.......

The Stage is an absolutely awesome bike. I have owned a Scott 900RC Spark and an Spez Epic and much prefer my Stage. It also looks very sexy :devil: .

It climbs like a mountain goat and is so comfortable and quick on the descents that it is actually scary. The frame is super stiff which make handling an absolute dream.

I cannot wait to tackle 9 days of Joberg2C on my baby.

So, she's finally build

Think it's time to post some pics. don't kill me for posting so many.

G

Awesome looking Stage! I hope it rides as good as it looks ;-)

This is my second OneTwenty650B...

First one was a medium with a 60mm stem, this one is a Large with a 35mm stem.

First one had a 140 Rev, this one has a 150 Yari.

1x10 in stead of 2x10, WTB Asym i35 in stead of Stans XC rims (lol).

WTB tyres to match the WTB rims.

Procore because tyre pressures have always been the bane of my life - always either too hard or too soft! no sweet spot.

After taking this photo it has since been built up and had a shakedown ride at Wolwespruit. Bike is everything I hoped it would be, but I am particularly blown away by how amazing Procore is.

Not going to try to begin to explain how awesome it is. All I can say is that with 80psi in the core and ~18 in the tyre, going full blast through a patch of jagged rocks feels like a magic carpet ride.

Will post a photo of the built-up bike as soon as I've had a chance to take one.

Happy!

Great project. The raw finish looks super!

Yesterday I took my Pascoe out to a local DH track and gave it a proper trashing. Check out the short video in the link below :)

http://mtbn.ws/vym0

Edited by flowCountry

I also use the All Mountain frame guard. Expensive (if not bought on sale) but tough as hell...and looks pretty rad in my opinion if that's worth anything.

Quick question - what size frame guard did you get (and what size is the bike?). I've got a large and am wondering if an XL frame guard is the way to go. 

Thanks. 

Quick question - what size frame guard did you get (and what size is the bike?). I've got a large and am wondering if an XL frame guard is the way to go. 

Thanks.

I've got a medium frame and bought the large frame guard if I remember correctly. I did have to trim about 5mm off each side for a good fit though.

Sorry but just had to share this longtime dream of a fork for my Pyga that finally came true. This might be the only crowd that truly understands ????

post-58702-0-00776400-1458243583_thumb.jpeg

Yes, yes..."sacrilege" I hear you say about that Crest on a Pike...working on it ????

(If anyone has a Flow rim lying around or know of a good deal on one give me a shout please)

Edited by JohannDW