Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but just had to share this longtime dream of a fork for my Pyga that finally came true. This might be the only crowd that truly understands

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yes, yes..."sacrilege" I hear you say about that Crest on a Pike...working on it

(If anyone has a Flow rim lying around or know of a good deal on one give me a shout please)

Or WTB Frequency or Spank Oozy or Eastern Arc or... or...   :P

Those Arc's are all kinds of awesome.

Or WTB Frequency or Spank Oozy or Eastern Arc or... or...   :P

Or WTB Asym...love those and all those you mentioned as well. The reason for a Flow or Arch is that I keep it a completely Stans wheelset which might make it easier to sell and get a completely new wheelset altogether.

Any recommendations on where to take my fork for service and ballpark figure of what I'm looking to spend? Lower leg service on pike...new seals (which I've got) and oil basically. 

Considering doing it myself if only I knew where to get the oil so any feedback on that will also be appreciated. 

Any recommendations on where to take my fork for service and ballpark figure of what I'm looking to spend? Lower leg service on pike...new seals (which I've got) and oil basically. 

Considering doing it myself if only I knew where to get the oil so any feedback on that will also be appreciated. 

Dude, Stoke Suspension in Observatory here in CT. Not sure on cost, but those dudes will not rip you off and their workmanship is super! :)

I'm in the same boat. The Pike is the first decent fork I've had and I'm keen to learn to look after it myself. I've started a thread with that in mind:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/158407-taking-care-of-forks-and-shocks/

We charge R250 for lower service on all forks but we're in Jhb so doesn't help you.

It's pretty easy to do it yourself. Youtube it. Just need to buy fork oil from your local motorbike shop.

I'm in the same boat. The Pike is the first decent fork I've had and I'm keen to learn to look after it myself. I've started a thread with that in mind:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/158407-taking-care-of-forks-and-shocks/

The guys at Stoke Suspension Works confirmed that they can get the oil. Just waiting for the price.

EDIT: scratch that, I see they replied to you in your other thread already.

Edited by Pyka=Pyga+Pike

We charge R250 for lower service on all forks but we're in Jhb so doesn't help you.

It's pretty easy to do it yourself. Youtube it. Just need to buy fork oil from your local motorbike shop.

Slight hijack: do you service the older talas forks also? In another thread i asked about converting this to a float version or maybe something better, it can be done depending on parts availability. Any thoughts on this?

Slight hijack: do you service the older talas forks also? In another thread i asked about converting this to a float version or maybe something better, it can be done depending on parts availability. Any thoughts on this?

Best to come in and chat to Jason, our bikelopedia wizard, regarding that.  ;)

Built up a Pyga Wheelset for my Pascoe. The rims are awesome quality, I love the finish!

Biuld specs:

- PYGA trail wide 650 rims

- PYGA tlr hubs

- Sapim D-light spokes (2-1.65-2mm)

- Sapim HM washers

- Sapim double square nipples (alu black)

- 3 cross lacing

Also:

- DT Swiss tubeless rim tape

- black aluminium tubeless valves.

Final weight is 1488g without the tubeless stuff. I'm stoked!!

post-70788-0-64013200-1458980540_thumb.jpeg