Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 40th Bday present from my family - let the build begin!!post-12226-1401224580,8953.jpg

Hehe, same thing happened to me. The Missus went out and blew the kids education on a 650/120 frame.

We're going to have doff kids, but our marriage is doing great.

Nice one.

My Purdy ...... no wait...smoking hot lady.....

but I guess I may be biased....

Getting her cables trimmed and rerouted later.... and may even steal the lynskeys xx1 crankset.... but for now.....that will do pyga...that will do.

cannot wait to savage some trails on her. if she is as fast as she looks I may be in trouble LOL post-16606-0-80354400-1401344720_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys,

Will be getting my One Twenty within the week. Need some advice on my build though, please!

Fox 2014 Evolution Series 140mm CTD Fork

Wheelset

Dartmoor Rocket Rims

Dartmoor Spokes

Dartmoor Nipples

Dartmoor X-Drive front hub

Dartmoor Rear Hub

The other option I thought about was putting a Hope Evo 2 hub up front and a Novatec rear hub.

or...

Wheelset (2):

Rims: Remerx Hurry

Spokes: Pillar PDB1415. Black double butted Pillar spokes.

Nipples: Pillar Silver or black brass.

Hubs: Powerway M77 series.

Weight: ‎891g Front, 985g Rear

Groupset: I want to run a 2x10 but can't find a Deore or SLX groupset with a 2x10. Any suggestions??

Tyres: Hans Dampf 27.5 x 2.25. Not sure about these? Same tyres up front and at the back?

Other little bits and bobs:

Headset: Not sure yet. Suggestions?

Stem 70mm.

Handlebars, grips and seat post I am going to all try get second hand on the hub.

Any help at all guys, thanks!

Hey Guys,

Will be getting my One Twenty within the week. Need some advice on my build though, please!

Wheelset

Dartmoor Rocket Rims

Dartmoor Spokes

Dartmoor Nipples

Dartmoor Rear Hub

The other option I thought about was putting a Hope Evo 2 hub up front and a Novatec rear hub.

or...

Wheelset (2):

Groupset: I want to run a 2x10 but can't find a Deore or SLX groupset with a 2x10. Any suggestions??

Tyres: Hans Dampf 27.5 x 2.25. Not sure about these? Same tyres up front and at the back?

Stem 70mm.

Handlebars, grips and seat post I am going to all try get second hand on the hub.

If you have to buy a fork then rather buy a Pike. The bike deserves it.

Yeah, I wouldn't put an Evolution Series on a bike with this pedigree. Only Kashima models are really worth it, and at a huge premium. The Evo Float 29 on my previous bike was the worst fork I'd owned since the 90s.

Convince yourself to get a Pike. If you can't, get a Revelation, which is almost as good, or even an X-Fusion Trace or Sweep (both are really good as well).

Why? Honest question.

Yeah, I wouldn't put an Evolution Series on a bike with this pedigree. Only Kashima models are really worth it, and at a huge premium. The Evo Float 29 on my previous bike was the worst fork I'd owned since the 90s.

Convince yourself to get a Pike. If you can't, get a Revelation, which is almost as good, or even an X-Fusion Trace or Sweep (both are really good as well).

Ok, previous question answered.

Ahhh, layman's terms... Much like!

Price difference relative?

Think the gap might be bigger between a vxp and one.

My experience with fox is that is relatively fit and forget, whereas rockshox takes a bit more time to "dial" in, but once it is, I prefer it.

Hey Guys,

Wheelset

Dartmoor Rocket Rims

Dartmoor Spokes

Dartmoor Nipples

Dartmoor Rear Hub

or...

Wheelset (2):

Stem 70mm.

OK, so additional input:

• Consider a fully built Novatec wheelset if you can, they're surprisingly amazing and not ridiculously expensive. It will most likely be cheaper than to build up your own set of the same level anyway...
  • I'd go with a 2.35 HD on the front, 2.25 is fine for the rear. Note that HDs are not great on hardpack or loose-over-hardpack, but excellent in loamy stuff, so this all depends on where you mostly ride.
  • You should be able to get a 2x10 SLX setup pretty easily, for example here.
  • Headset: Many PYGA owners run Cane Creek's 40.
  • Stem: 70mm should be fine if you go with a 720 or 740mm bar, but this is all down to personal measurements. Some would recommend putting on a 760mm and running it with a 50 or 60mm stem. Either will work!
  • If your budget can stretch to a dropper, try to get one. I was a heathen up until recently but now fully believe that one can't exploit the capabilities of a bike like this without one.

Fellow Pyga owners.

What's the process/steps to setup the rear shock,

What does the button/switch do with the hair and ... / moose ?

I see there is a air valve, so take thats for the compression, seem to remember Pyga wants the default sag to be 30%. How do I setup the rebound, turn the red dial behind above mentioned button/switch.

G