Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Paid 10k for my OneTen frame in mint condition a few months back.

I guess I was lucky.

Need some guidance please,

Im thinking of upgrading my one ten frame to the stage max. What would be a fair asking price for a one ten frame (large) in good condition, frame was purchased in 2015.

Now that there are a few Stages & Max's out there, I wondered if there was any consensus about "which bike for what purpose"conundrum? Can you really ride a marathon on a Max, and could you still fling a stage around on an enduro course.

There's an interesting article about the 2 versions of Ripleys, one longer travel than the other, and the consensus there is that the steeper, shorter Ripley is actually a more enjoyable, flexible bike.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ibis-ripley-vs-ibis-ripley-ls-opinion-2016.html

I guess what I'm asking is, given the needs & wants of a trail-loving saffa mountain biker, which is the more flexible bike? For reference I have a 120 and a Zero 29.

Thoughts?

I know someone who did the Epic on a Max. Guess it's what you want hey? Are you chasing podiums and in that will the slack HA hamper your ascending in anyway? I find it to be a very balanced bike

Now that there are a few Stages & Max's out there, I wondered if there was any consensus about "which bike for what purpose"conundrum? Can you really ride a marathon on a Max, and could you still fling a stage around on an enduro course. 

There's an interesting article about the 2 versions of Ripleys, one longer travel than the other, and the consensus there is that the steeper, shorter Ripley is actually a more enjoyable, flexible bike.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ibis-ripley-vs-ibis-ripley-ls-opinion-2016.html

I guess what I'm asking is, given the needs & wants of a trail-loving saffa mountain biker, which is the more flexible bike? For reference I have a 120 and a Zero 29.

Thoughts?

Did Tankwa and Epic on my Max, also did same on my 110, both running 140 travel upfront.

If you're skilled podium material you'll probably err towards the Stage and be able to throw it at any track given to you, or if you a slow overweight back marker just having fun you'll do perfectly on the Max, with the longer travel making you look like you have slightly more talent than you actually have.... I fall into the later category..

Tom

I'm going to add, if you just going to do SA style stage races, on them nicely polished single track, and then some gravel grinding, single track, jeep track, and not to heavy, go with the Stage.

If you going to do the above, but also want to throw it down some hills, aka Thaba, Hakahana Tokai, PMB then go with the MAX.

Had a friend move from a 110 to the Max last week and he commented he could not believe how much "more" bike/capable the Max was, He loved it...

G

I'm going to add, if you just going to do SA style stage races, on them nicely polished single track, and then some gravel grinding, single track, jeep track, and not to heavy, go with the Stage.

If you going to do the above, but also want to throw it down some hills, aka Thaba, Hakahana Tokai, PMB then go with the MAX.

Had a friend move from a 110 to the Max last week and he commented he could not believe how much "more" bike/capable the Max was, He loved it...

G

Ya, see, I gave up stage racing because of that polished, spray-painted nonsense.

G

Yes but let's be honest. When you spend that much on a frame you have to justify it to yourself and everyone around you so of course he raved about it...I would too at that price  :P (Not that I doubt for a moment that it is indeed an upgrade of note)

Edited by Pyka

Don't go saying that, only just got my 110 and you plant an evil seed ????????

G

Edited by Mpati29

Was in the shop this morning, saw it ready to be completed.

G

First Pyga!  Built from previous hardtail and 110 frame.