Post your Pyga

PYGA1

10 hours ago, Falling Over said:

My new Tig in translucent black. 135mm Deluxe Ultimate and 150mm Pike Select+. Burgtec cockpit, GX groupset, SRAM G2 RSC brakes, with rest of the parts by Deed. DHR2 in 2.4 front and back.

What a bike. This thing is incredible. Climbs like a monster, and takes big hits like a champ.

20230407_075408~2.jpg

Sweet, I really like the colour!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, KevinDS said:

For trail riding how does one decide between the Hyrax and Tig?

i would say call Pyga, explain to them where you ride, how you ride, you skill etc and they will be the best to advise, they friendly... don't be scared ;)
G

Hi, hope this is the correct topic, but what is the best way to route cables for Giant contact switch dropper post on pyga stage frame?

On 3/6/2023 at 3:44 PM, splat said:

Painted or raw 

Go painted - as awesome as raw looks when it's new, it's difficult to keep clean and will show all sorts of stains and marks over time.

I have a raw frame and am regretting it now.

Translucent - now that's what I would go for !

27 minutes ago, KevinDS said:

I have the Hyrax and I've found it to be great overall. I'm more focused on riding downhill, but you need to get up to the top first and for that the bike pedals fine, even with me having it in the low setting with 160mm travel up front.

You can make it pedal easier if you spec it with a 140mm travel fork, running the rear in high.and running the bars lower and maybe putting on a faster rolling tyre. I think you'll be able to get the best of both worlds and then you can always spec it for more gnarly stuff if you want.

If you get it with the DVO Diamond fork, you can set it internally from 140 to 160, so you have options.

1 hour ago, KevinDS said:

In very simple terms - it would depend on where you ride and how aggressive you ride. The Hyrax would be able to take bigger hits. The drawback would be that it is a slightly heavier. The Tig is lighter, but slightly less aggressive comparing to the Hyrax. 

I think both of them are awesome alloy trail bikes and either one serves a wide variety of riding, so you'd probably be fine choosing either one. 

On a personal note - I ride a Hyrax, but my riding style (at the moment) is probably not aggressive enough to enjoy all that this bike offers, but I do love it and would not change it for anything. I see it as something I can grow into.

rather love Pyga...

And get the right one for your riding, you will find allot of Pat's design over lap at the ends... allowing you to choose between 2 riding styles.

Example was the Stage and Stage Max, same frame, different shock and fork setup gave the bike 2 very different capabilities.

G

1 hour ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Anyone in the know as to what this project is? A high pivot suspension design?

image.png.d7f247d705d6d8b83a9e877945537f47.png

Not sure, but that ridge at the bottom feels a bit like what Atherton bikes do with carbon fibre tubes and titanium joints.

Maybe a new bike with a combination of aluminium and carbon?

Could even be a variation of the Evoke?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 7:50 AM, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Anyone in the know as to what this project is? A high pivot suspension design?

image.png.d7f247d705d6d8b83a9e877945537f47.png

On 4/18/2023 at 8:53 AM, Renier said:

Not sure, but that ridge at the bottom feels a bit like what Atherton bikes do with carbon fibre tubes and titanium joints.

Maybe a new bike with a combination of aluminium and carbon?

Could even be a variation of the Evoke?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrpiwSOqPgb/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrpiwSOqPgb/

image.png.b795689a4c4d25730d238ba5001ed546.png

Edited by Hairy

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Daddyj said:

Got my Tig a week ago.

Absolutely loving it!

IMG_7532.jpeg

Lovely!
Dig that colour.
Even though you went for the XC build, isn't it screaming for a dropper ?