Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took my Pyga for its first "out of town" session at Rhebokskloof yesterday. WHAT A RIDE!!!

Pyga just ate up the single track. Felt so good I kept forgetting to wait for the guys I was riding with.

Getting the hang of climbing with her as well. Momentum is your friend with the 29er.

I noticed Gary Barnard had a pretty cool Pyga shirt on for the Welvenpas Enduro. Anybody know where I can get one of those?

I noticed Gary Barnard had a pretty cool Pyga shirt on for the Welvenpas Enduro. Anybody know where I can get one of those?

Revolution sell them from their PYGA concept store (their old premises next to the Thule shop now).

Revolution sell them from their PYGA concept store (their old premises next to the Thule shop now).

Thanks Nico

Any idea on price?

My new baby finally "finished" - unfortunately my reverb stealth dropper doesn't fit the frame but she's getting fitted with a new dropper post tomorrow.

Now just need to find some Dormicum to make it through the night cause I doubt I'll be able to sleep!

post-69937-0-77982300-1428509960_thumb.jpg

Many happy trails to ya ;)

Some help on the dropper post please: what length should I be getting for a Large frame, it (reverb) comes in 355, 380 or 420? Also, I have heard mounting a right hand lever upside down on the left of the bar is better than a left hand bar mount?

Edited by DanielJhb

Some help on the dropper post please: what length should I be getting for a Large frame, it (reverb) comes in 355, 380 or 420?

Depends. You need to measure your existing saddle height from the middle of the bb to the bottom of the seat clamp, then have a look at the seat tube length of the large. If there more than 180mm exposed then you can go for the 150mm (30mm for the collar and seat clamp) but if there's less than that Then you know the answer. You also need to know what the max insertion of the frame is. Ask someone who has a large frame to find out.

Some help on the dropper post please: what length should I be getting for a Large frame, it (reverb) comes in 355, 380 or 420? Also, I have heard mounting a right hand lever upside down on the left of the bar is better than a left hand bar mount?

And yes. Flipping the lever is better.

I just measured the length of my exposed seat post, and then looked at the length of the droppers. By doing that you can get a good idea of what's exposed, and what's in the tube for each length dropper. You can't just buy any length because that seat tube isn't straight for very long. You can't just shove a long dropper way down - you need to be careful.