Post your Pyga

PYGA1

and cSixx

As for Q1, make sure your rear wheel is build as dished.

G

You've got a great narrow/wide chainring manufacturer and supplier right here in SA. Just order from Kalbo. They last longer than Wolftooth/Raceface etc. Oval, round, whatever you want. 104 BCD.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and cSixx

As for Q1, make sure your rear wheel is build as dished.

G

thanks, yeah I've a set I built up that I'll re-dish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've got a great narrow/wide chainring manufacturer and supplier right here in SA. Just order from Kalbo. They last longer than Wolftooth/Raceface etc. Oval, round, whatever you want. 104 BCD.

Thanks, saw those but I'm based in Ireland and shipping would be impractical. Might get one delivered to the in-laws and collect it when I'm next out there later in the year

Kalbo, Csixx and Rapide are very good local products. Just make sure you are buying the right one to fit your crank. M8000 has a 96mm asymmetrical bcd. (not the common 104)

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if it has been covered within these 222 pages, but a question for folks who have installed a 1x11 XT system on their 110's: are you happy with the system? Would you change anything? What size front chainring and cluster are you using?

I am about to pull the trigger on a XT 8000 system, with a 11-42 cassette and 32 front. Some forums recon it is worth upgrading the shifter to XTR, but I don't believe it is worth an extra R1000.

Thanks for any advice.

You've probably made the choice by now, but for anyone else interested I've done a 1x10 conversion on my Oneten and really enjoying it.

Using an absolute Black 30T oval N/W up front and a Praxis 10-40 cassette. Works perfectly for the trails I ride here. Average spin consists of 20-30km with 800-1k ascent and the same down and I've no issues with range either end. I'm definitely going 1x11 on my new bike and will change to 1x11 on the Oneten when parts need replacing. Shifter and RD are XT works seemlessly with the Praxis cassette

Edited by anthemic

Ok, so I bit the bullet and purchased a 2nd hand Pyga 110 :clap: . Hoping to get the bike tomorrow...

So I emailed Pyga this morning asking for price and availability for a complete pivot bearing kit and Alloy bolt kit (I prefer to know it's all new and good at the back before I ride...)

Before 3pm today, the parts are on their way via courier. Well done Pyga! Excellent service!!!!

I'm hoping the bike rides as quick as their service!  :w00t:

Welcome to the family.

and ye the bikes really do ride as lekker as everyone says :)

G

PS: thats just how Pat, Mark, Cliff, Hilton and the guys operate.

Ok, so I bit the bullet and purchased a 2nd hand Pyga 110 :clap: . Hoping to get the bike tomorrow...

So I emailed Pyga this morning asking for price and availability for a complete pivot bearing kit and Alloy bolt kit (I prefer to know it's all new and good at the back before I ride...)

Before 3pm today, the parts are on their way via courier. Well done Pyga! Excellent service!!!!

you are going to love it, superb bike! Enjoy

you are going to love it, superb bike! Enjoy

Looks like it is one of the few small frames they made in the Oneten. Hoping the fit is good.

I have only ever had good service from Pyga.

Replacement parts are readily available and reasonably priced.

Patrick and his team are great and continually go the extra mile.

Welcome to the Pyga family.

Interestingly, I will receive the bike with both 650B and 29er wheels. They owner used the 650B wheels for the small wife...should be an interesting comparison. Pretty sure I'll use it with 29er wheels.

Anyone tried a OneTen as a 27.5 setup?

So, a bit of feedback on my first Pyga ride on Saturday...Probably old hat to the Pyga owners. But also some info on the OneTen with 650B wheels.

I spent 3 hrs riding Big Red Barn. Half of the time with 650B wheels and the 2nd half with 29er wheels. I'm a 29er fan so this is not a "which is better" comment.

We did a lot of the black diamond newer section on the 650B wheels. Thankfully the rain has settled the fresh ground.

The Pyga really does climb VERY well and it is the first time I've actually managed to ride 98% of the section without putting my feet down! I blame my buddy in front of me stopping on a steep climb for the 2% :ph34r: . Grip on the rear wheel was superb! 

With the 650B I was able to turn easier and manage the tight climbing turns with more confidence and balance.

This is no new revelation really and written a million times before. I think the lower center of gravity with slower sections favour smaller wheels. But I really enjoyed the smaller wheels dare I say!!! A big fun factor!

Changing to 29re wheels, I struggled on the first few corners and it took me a few kms to get into a rhythm. I then realized that the 29er wheels where caring a lot more speed into the corners!

Yip 29ers do roll much faster. I lost the accuracy of the 650B but gained effortless speed on the bigger wheels.

Anyway...enough of the wheels. I have to say the Pyga is really a pleasure to ride. Hardly any adjustment to riding the bike. It just felt natural. So happy that it climbs well. My concerns of carrying the extra weight of the Alu frame was unfounded. At 12.4kg, I"m not disappointed.

Today it goes to the Trailhead for an overhaul on bearings, pivots and shocks.

Hoping to play again on the weekend.

Happy Pyga owner :clap:

Edited by Grey Hubs

So, a bit of feedback on my first Pyga ride on Saturday...Probably old hat to the Pyga owners. But also some info on the OneTen with 650B wheels.

I spent 3 hrs riding Big Red Barn. Half of the time with 650B wheels and the 2nd half with 29er wheels. I'm a 29er fan so this is not a "which is better" comment.

We did a lot of the black diamond newer section on the 650B wheels. Thankfully the rain has settled the fresh ground.

The Pyga really does climb VERY well and it is the first time I've actually managed to ride 98% of the section without putting my feet down! I blame my buddy in front of me stopping on a steep climb for the 2% :ph34r: . Grip on the rear wheel was superb! 

With the 650B I was able to turn easier and manage the tight climbing turns with more confidence and balance.

This is no new revelation really and written a million times before. I think the lower center of gravity with slower sections favour smaller wheels. But I really enjoyed the smaller wheels dare I say!!! A big fun factor!

Changing to 29re wheels, I struggled on the first few corners and it took me a few kms to get into a rhythm. I then realized that the 29er wheels where caring a lot more speed into the corners!

Yip 29ers do roll much faster. I lost the accuracy of the 650B but gained effortless speed on the bigger wheels.

Anyway...enough of the wheels. I have to say the Pyga is really a pleasure to ride. Hardly any adjustment to riding the bike. It just felt natural. So happy that it climbs well. My concerns of carrying the extra weight of the Alu frame was unfounded. At 12.4kg, I"m not disappointed.

Today it goes to the Trailhead for an overhaul on bearings, pivots and shocks.

Hoping to play again on the weekend.

Happy Pyga owner :clap:

Pics of 650 setup?