29ers rule - Olympic 1st and 3rd, 4th, 5th .... etc

kingalton

i think we need to randomly select 20 hubbers - 10 with 26 and 10 with 29 - get them together for three laps of a reputable xc circuit and ............do you know who will come in first?.....the hubbers that can climb hills better!

And the hubber who wins will probably be the one with the lowest post count, because riding your bike often makes a much bigger difference than any upgrade(granted that you have a fairly decent mtb).

If some of the wheel size armchair experts here spend half the time they discuss wheel size, on training, skills, nutrition they will improve their cycling significantly, irrespective of wheel size.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure if you're comparing a 29er to a hypermarket special then yes I'm sure it is better. But to honest, having ridden a Silverback Storm 1 this weekend (whilst it was a truly lovely bike), I dont see how much better it is that my Trek Top Fuel. I really think this whole 29er 650 B thing is such a marketing hype. The point raised above, about how 29er riders tell everyone they ride 29er, is exactly why I think so.

Fixed it for you.

And the hubber who wins will probably be the one with the lowest post count, because riding your bike often makes a much bigger difference than any upgrade(granted that you have a fairly decent mtb).

If some of the wheel size armchair experts here spend half the time they discuss wheel size, on training, skills, nutrition they will improve their cycling significantly, irrespective of wheel size.

But if you did all that AND had a 29er it would even be better. Common lets cut the crap, 29ERS RULE!!!!

Oh ye and I forgot to mention..............................................................................................................29ERS RULE!!!!

29er riders don't worry about the haters, most of the people that said 29er's were just hype over a year ago have already bought one, and the other few who refuse to convert out of principle , well who gives a hoot...

Oh ye and I forgot to mention..............................................................................................................29ERS RULE!!!!

@berg bok - you are a bit like dog **** on your shoe...you just just dont go away

@berg bok - you are a bit like dog **** on your shoe...you just just dont go away

hahah haters it sucks to be you!

Seriously? Gonna get into a fight over which wheel size is cooler? Oh wait, that's the hubs entire reason for being...

Ever since the whole wheel size debacles the finer debates such as the best chain lube or the ultimate tyre have been neglected.

Who has heard the rumour that Constantiaberg Hospital (the closest emergency ward to Tokai give or take a governement hosiptal or 2) has seen many an accident involving 29er riders of late.

The explanation I have been given is that 9ers are so much faster than sixers, the poor 9er owners don't realise this and crash when they hit jumps and obstacles at the insane speeds now possible with this totally incredible new technology. :eek:

The other explanation I have heard is that many niner riders are dirt roadies - perhaps recent converts to mtb and think the big roady like wheels will keep him/her safe no matter what they ride into, and learn the hard way you still need some skills. :oops:

Or perhaps, neither of the above, and the usual 9er geometry does not lend itself to drops and airtime... :excl:

Opinions please

Gotta love another niner thread :devil:

All this talk about 29'ers, 26'ers, marketing 27.5'ers and not a single vote for the good old 69'er.

Seriously okes, what's wrong with you lot ?

Guest Omega Man

Ever since the whole wheel size debacles the finer debates such as the best chain lube or the ultimate tyre have been neglected.

That's cos everyone agrees that the best tyre is a Maxxis Minion DHF Super Tacky. Of course they don't make them for 29ers.

Who has heard the rumour that Constantiaberg Hospital (the closest emergency ward to Tokai give or take a governement hosiptal or 2) has seen many an accident involving 29er riders of late.

The explanation I have been given is that 9ers are so much faster than sixers, the poor 9er owners don't realise this and crash when they hit jumps and obstacles at the insane speeds now possible with this totally incredible new technology. :eek:

The other explanation I have heard is that many niner riders are dirt roadies - perhaps recent converts to mtb and think the big roady like wheels will keep him/her safe no matter what they ride into, and learn the hard way you still need some skills. :oops:

Or perhaps, neither of the above, and the usual 9er geometry does not lend itself to drops and airtime... :excl:

Opinions please

Gotta love another niner thread :devil:

Bloody 'ell

No.....

Sssshhh, Clint_ZA may be watching this thread :ph34r: