Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Original packaging means nothing without the original invoice?

Not necessarily. The chances of you stealing something with the original packaging are slim. I would go so far as to say the the majority of stolen bicycle parts come from stripped bikes rather than stolen stock from bike shops. I could be wrong though. Original packaging would make me feel better though. Original invoice would seal the deal.

To jump over?

Are you being facetious or just cracking a joke?

A fence is someone who sells on stolen goods and this is also punishable by law

So what the actual victim had to say seems to have been lost on many people.... Sorry but anyone buying high end bikes from a Somali and claims "honest mistake" doesn't deserve all the accolades he is getting here....

"Hi Hubbers

I am Lourens Calitz - owner of Cycle Centre. In July my shop was broken into and amongst other things a Apex Roadbike and a Focus TT Bike was stolen.

On Friday I noticed the Apex Frame as well as the Vison TT-wheels of the TT-bike for sale in the classified section by Hubber "Macdaddy"

On Saterday I along with policemen went to his house after setting up a meeting.

I positively identified the Apex and part/wheels/etc. Also the Vision TT wheels.

Macdaddy was arrested for being in possession of stolen goods - he apparently bought it from a Somalier in Brooklyn...

The only reason why Naas knows about this is that I mentioned it to him on Sat afternoon when he came to pick up his bike that was serviced.

So he tried to do the honourable thing and warn you guys before I could get a chance to post the details. Honestly - the amount of flack he got for doing that is UNBELIEVABLE!

Also - there is still a Red Focus TT-Frame Size M out there. It is the only one in South Africa so if anybody sees it or has bought it please contact me on 021-9100251.

Regards

Lourens"

So what the actual victim had to say seems to have been lost on many people.... Sorry but anyone buying high end bikes from a Somali and claims "honest mistake" doesn't deserve all the accolades he is getting here....

"Hi Hubbers

I am Lourens Calitz - owner of Cycle Centre. In July my shop was broken into and amongst other things a Apex Roadbike and a Focus TT Bike was stolen.

On Friday I noticed the Apex Frame as well as the Vison TT-wheels of the TT-bike for sale in the classified section by Hubber "Macdaddy"

On Saterday I along with policemen went to his house after setting up a meeting.

I positively identified the Apex and part/wheels/etc. Also the Vision TT wheels.

Macdaddy was arrested for being in possession of stolen goods - he apparently bought it from a Somalier in Brooklyn...

The only reason why Naas knows about this is that I mentioned it to him on Sat afternoon when he came to pick up his bike that was serviced.

So he tried to do the honourable thing and warn you guys before I could get a chance to post the details. Honestly - the amount of flack he got for doing that is UNBELIEVABLE!

Also - there is still a Red Focus TT-Frame Size M out there. It is the only one in South Africa so if anybody sees it or has bought it please contact me on 021-9100251.

Regards

Lourens"

I cocnur

I just love this Hub function where you can choose not to see someones posts.

Every so often one happens to click the view it anyway button and then you have a good laugh.

The Hub, this place will be spoken of in Sci-Fi movies in time to come.

You can? :huh: I though the blocking option was just so that you don't get stalked...

+1. Some say that on a place called the 'the hub' .....

....there are none so blind as those who will not see

Are you being facetious or just cracking a joke?

A fence is someone who sells on stolen goods and this is also punishable by law

As far as I know, being in posession of stolen goods is a punishable offence...No?

Dear hubbers.

I have a brand new Cervelo P7 for sale. Asking price is only R5,000. I got it on special from an Etheopian in Hillbrow. Dont worry he assured me the Nigerian he got it from bought it legitimately.

Regards

The Garf

I have asked Matt to close this thread and remove it as it is OBVIOUSLY not in any Hubbers interest tot "trade carefully until facts were posted".

Sorry for confusing "arrested" with being bundled in the back of a cop van and then get your business aquaintance also picked up and bundled in the back of the van.

I originally stated that the hubber in question should explain. He did - his "view" in any case...

Just for the record - a brand new Apex with Ultegra and Quasar wheels etc for R2k would have set my alarm bells off - but hey that is only me.

CptMayhem - I never "threatened violence".

Your mate THe V on the other hand has a little legal problem coming his way. Once he grows a pair and answer my PM on his details on where ;letters can be served on him.

No it is not a "threat" - merely stating a FACT.

Happy trading and thx for the hubbers supporting me and honest business.

Dear hubbers.

I have a brand new Cervelo P7 for sale. Asking price is only R5,000. I got it on special from an Etheopian in Hillbrow. Dont worry he assured me the Nigerian he got it from bought it legitimately.

Regards

The Garf

What an exciting and on the face of it legitimately good deal. Call it R3000 and I'll throw in my soul and then we have a deal. I should be able to turn a small profit on that.