My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

I never promise a time. I indicate what Im expecting, but always keep in mind that a crash with a busted self or busted bike 30km from the car can cause delays.

I have started doing the same.i add an hour to any time i think i might be doing or just say i don't know.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beginning of the year, plan all the events you want to do. I have the double trouble of riding offroad motorbikes too.

List the events, prioritise those you want to do, match them to her list of events (my wife is into show-jumping) and then plan around them. Also try and schedule in training rides / weekends away etc. As said before, remind each other before then and keep each other informed.

Make sure that if something comes along that is of greater priority (moving house in my case), everything is either done before you go riding, or you compromise on the riding to keep the peace. E.g This weekend Trailseeker - entered 40km, instead of 70km to be home by lunch, then put up curtains in the afternoon...

Bottom line is planning, communication & compromise.

I have started doing the same.i add an hour to any time i think i might be doing or just say i don't know.

Yebo ... I always add on an extra hour to what I think my ride will be.

1. You get to do your ride with no stress
  2. If you are then still early you score .....

once again good advice!

seems she is not really a fan of the short notice thing, and i know i am notorious for that!

so best i start planning ahead!!

So I guess she wont be riding Critical Mass with you on Friday night :whistling:

I count my lucky stars reading all this

I am lucky i dont have this problem. My wife took up cycling when we first got together and we still cycle together often

If that is her in you profile pic then we are all lucky!

:thumbup:

Rule no. 18 - Never create expectations

Noooo Dude , never say you dont know , chicks are not like us , they dont carry on with life while we doing things , they sit and wait .

Always give a time and never miss it , then she relaxes and plans her own time around you then . this way you dont get home to a grumpy face .

Faaark i sound like Dr Phil

At the beginning of the year, plan all the events you want to do. I have the double trouble of riding offroad motorbikes too.

List the events, prioritise those you want to do, match them to her list of events (my wife is into show-jumping) and then plan around them. Also try and schedule in training rides / weekends away etc. As said before, remind each other before then and keep each other informed.

Make sure that if something comes along that is of greater priority (moving house in my case), everything is either done before you go riding, or you compromise on the riding to keep the peace. E.g This weekend Trailseeker - entered 40km, instead of 70km to be home by lunch, then put up curtains in the afternoon...

Bottom line is planning, communication & compromise.

You were doing well there and then you dropped this bomb shell!

Noooo Dude , never say you dont know , chicks are not like us , they dont carry on with life while we doing things , they sit and wait .

Always give a time and never miss it , then she relaxes and plans her own time around you then . this way you dont get home to a grumpy face .

Give that man a Bells!

Yebo ... I always add on an extra hour to what I think my ride will be.

1. You get to do your ride with no stress

Its a good point, you dont want to be pushing hard down a technical descent because you are running late (you're in ***), then go over the bars and are more delayed (in more ***), end up having to go to the hospital for stitches (now you're deep in it), and have to pay for bike repairs (need I comment)...

buy her expensive looking costume jewelry and say its real diomonds .........then ride as much as you like untill she finds out........after that your on your own

Dr Iron

i have gotten myself into trouble too many times by being late be it for a technical or mis-judging how long the route is going to take. If i don't know the route the bunch is going to ride then i rather say i don't know.

buy her expensive looking costume jewelry and say its real diomonds .........then ride as much as you like untill she finds out........after that your on your own

*you're