cyclenut

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think they reported my avatar too

Sure thing :thumbup:

I must say, the avatars I can somehow understand, they do filter in to other threads.

Sure thing :thumbup:

I must say, the avatars I can somehow understand, they do filter in to other threads.

Yeah and I respect that, hence me not reloading it today

I hope my avatar makes the cut..

Have seen a couple of very warm pics and my first though was "those would have been perfect for THE thread"

I missed the ride again on Wednesday, but I will definitely be there at the end of the month.

Very lus for a cold Black Label from a tavern or two

I hope my avatar makes the cut..

Have seen a couple of very warm pics and my first though was "those would have been perfect for THE thread"

I missed the ride again on Wednesday, but I will definitely be there at the end of the month.

Very lus for a cold Black Label from a tavern or two

if you attend wednesday, you will miss the ride every time...unless you just ride straight to the shabeen on wednesadays for the beer...any excuse is a good one you know...

if you attend wednesday, you will miss the ride every time...unless you just ride straight to the shabeen on wednesadays for the beer...any excuse is a good one you know...

:oops:

As you can see, Mondays never treat me well

The purpose: cyclists aren't just the lycra-clad roadies you see on Sunday. People from all walks of life, young and old, ride. Maybe there's someone you know. Bicycles belong on the street. See how many of us there are.

It's the bike version of toyi-toyi.

The bigger it gets, the more people notice. The more other cyclists and noob cyclists join in. In Cape Town, we have Critical Mass and Moonlight Mass. We have other get-togethers at pubs and clubs happening. We have bike polo. We're getting the city centre closed for a "bikes/skateboards, roller blades/etc only' day.

The authorities respond. Community police are starting the close the roads for us. The City Council are starting to negotiate with cyclists - they realise this is good for the city. We're getting cycle paths along some main roads like Albert Road.

That's what Critical Mass is for.

I think there is enough people who soak up the atmosphere and "get it" but here on The Hub, the main authority on all things two wheels, nothing is ever good enough.

So will it be fair to say that the don't geddits will not really be missed ?

I thought the goodie bag was crap. They won't be seeing me again next year.

Why do birds flock?

Why do fish form shoals?

Why do bees swarm?

Why do okes from the wrong side of town gather to watch the illegal drag racing in Vonkprop Straat?

So many questions...

Nobody advocated it as a "bicycle safety" initiative :wacko:

Or am I confused.

The OP got many valid answers to his questions too.

It's a party, be there or be square, the fact that it's growing speaks of it's success all by itself.

Anarchy ?

That may well be.

Protest ?

Yeah, maybe that too.

Critical Mass Johannesburg has been very widely accepted by local council as well as the city dwellers.

Most people who lip off on it, either have never been to one, or it's just not to their liking.

I don't go to a Parlatones concert but also don't begrudge those who do.

The purpose: cyclists aren't just the lycra-clad roadies you see on Sunday. People from all walks of life, young and old, ride. Maybe there's someone you know. Bicycles belong on the street. See how many of us there are. It's the bike version of toyi-toyi. The bigger it gets, the more people notice. The more other cyclists and noob cyclists join in. In Cape Town, we have Critical Mass and Moonlight Mass. We have other get-togethers at pubs and clubs happening. We have bike polo. We're getting the city centre closed for a "bikes/skateboards, roller blades/etc only' day. The authorities respond. Community police are starting the close the roads for us. The City Council are starting to negotiate with cyclists - they realise this is good for the city. We're getting cycle paths along some main roads like Albert Road. That's what Critical Mass is for.

I honestly feel that the way in which we have our CM and the manner in which the cyclists conduct themselves goes a long way in getting the Council to like what we do.

The mosts exciting thing was seeing all the people who live within the city cheer us on, it's almost like they were wating for the procession, almost like a month end spectacle they were looking forward to.

Nobody advocated it as a "bicycle safety" initiative :wacko:

Or am I confused.

The OP got many valid answers to his questions too.

It's a party, be there or be square, the fact that it's growing speaks of it's success all by itself.

Anarchy ?

That may well be.

Protest ?

Yeah, maybe that too.

Critical Mass Johannesburg has been very widely accepted by local council as well as the city dwellers.

Most people who lip off on it, either have never been to one, or it's just not to their liking.

I don't go to a Parlatones concert but also don't begrudge those who do.

I do..

Edited by Escapee..