RANT: Cape Town City cycle lanes

Hairy

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"But Harris said the damage to his bike and gear amounted to about R70 000. He had gone to a local cycling shop to see if the paint could be removed, but was told he would have to buy a new bicycle."

So he is saying the bike and gear = 70K.

The bike shop could also just quote him on a replacement frame ............ surely the groupset and components are fine...... I see an LBS and cyclist gunning for the newest and shiniest seasons offerings.

I'm surprised there wasn't a frame warranty filed. :ph34r:   :devil: I mean, these things aren't supposed to just go green! ;)   :whistling:

Someone should point Mr Harris in BogusOnes direction  :thumbup: 

The rest he can do with a little paint remover and love. 

Every time I see those articles I think about the hundreds of articles were a cyclist has been murdered by a car. And think, really, you had to wait 21 seconds longer to get to your hipster coffee in Woodstock?? Pffff

Every time I see those articles I think about the hundreds of articles were a cyclist has been murdered by a car. And think, really, you had to wait 21 seconds longer to get to your hipster coffee in Woodstock?? Pffff

Almost like us using 21 seconds to show a finger to someone hooting at us, making sure we built a better relationship with motorists