Karoo to Coast

JGR

What tyres are u guys riding with on sunday. Low rolling resistance? Not much grip needed I suppose. Spez renegades 29x1.9 would do the trick?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I should not be reading this thread.......but it just gives me more motivation to make it there again next year!

Good luck to all of you doing it. :thumbup:

2 days of light rain to settle the dust and compact the dirt freeway....before a nice cold Saturday night at 3 degrees.

Sunday, clear sunny but very cold to start.

2 days of light rain to settle the dust and compact the dirt freeway....before a nice cold Saturday night at 3 degrees.

Sunday, clear sunny but very cold to start.

Could not have hoped for better ..................

I'm on the lunchtime flight to George, can't wait !

Anyone remember if there are braai places at the camping spots?

And miss out on the hospitality offered by the good folk of Uniondale? The spag bol dinner must be the highlight of the spring racing season.

you dont need a braai place to braai :ph34r:

And miss out on the hospitality offered by the good folk of Uniondale? The spag bol dinner must be the highlight of the spring racing season.

The braai won't be for food, it will be for "geselligheid" since we're gonna be there early.

You don't have to sell that spag bol dinner to me, I've been looking forward to it for 363 days :-)

Where is the party at in Knysna, after the race?

Ill probably hookup with some mates at 34 south, awesome beer, and best oysters in nice na.

Ill probably hookup with some mates at 34 south, awesome beer, and best oysters in nice na.

Sounds cool, awesome beer is where it's at. Gonna skip on the oysters tho, I'm not there for a pole vaulting competition :whistling:

The braai won't be for food, it will be for "geselligheid" since we're gonna be there early.

You don't have to sell that spag bol dinner to me, I've been looking forward to it for 363 days :-)

your in the karoo, doringhout bonfire, what more do you need?

you start it up and well pitch, whos bringing the beer?

Anyone remember if there are braai places at the camping spots?

No Braai places at a campsite?

That would be an epic fail if I ever saw one.

What tyres are u guys riding with on sunday. Low rolling resistance? Not much grip needed I suppose. Spez renegades 29x1.9 would do the trick?

Yep....... You'll be good on them

dig a hole

make fire

put out the fire

cover the hole

;)